This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 05 Apr 2018, 14:15
- Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
- Bookshelf Size: 4
It was innocent and happy
when it first came to see the beauty
of life and love.
It was cheerful and graceful
when it tries to love
and have given it all.
But when melancholy hits
its inner core, then it suddenly
felt the pain that it never
Unbroken heart then can
be broken when it
started to open.
- Posts: 398
- Joined: 05 Jun 2018, 16:24
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 35
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
- Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
- Location: Asheville, NC
I'm not sure if this is about an unbroken heart. I think you left that idea behind and the poem became about something else. Follow where your pen leads you. Perhaps go back and reconsider what you wanted to say and what you did end up saying.
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 19 Jun 2018, 13:53
- Currently Reading: You Think It, I'll Say It
- Bookshelf Size: 40
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ms07.html
- Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
I enjoyed reading your poem very much, I think because it is so relatable to me. I have always been the closed off kind and letting people in is difficult and worrisome. When I let someone into my life, the jolly spirit that people saw in me turned into heartbreak and misery. I do have to admit though, it was worth it for the love I experienced. Thank you for sharing.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 20 Jun 2018, 00:57
- Bookshelf Size: 0
This is a very well written poem. It is honnest and pure. I think everyone can relate to your poem.
- Posts: 207
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 08:05
- 2018 Reading Goal: 30
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
- Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
- Bookshelf Size: 112
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
- Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers
It reminds me of being young and innocent, the heart is so pure and open. Then something tears straight through it; a lie, a truth, death, etc. Or just life in general, no matter what the age. That's what I got from it, my perspective. Either way, I enjoyed this.
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 13 Jul 2018, 12:08
- Bookshelf Size: 0
It was nice but I felt like you left something out, what caused you to be brokenhearted and how did you get over it?