What do you think about spoken poetry?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
zamora kenya
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What do you think about spoken poetry?

Post by zamora kenya » 25 Sep 2018, 12:39

yes i have tried spoken word,its an avenue to express your feelings and thoughts through an artistic speech format.there is nothing better than that.

Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria » 11 Oct 2018, 06:31

I love watching spoken word poetry, especially when its about mental illness. Spoken word poetry, too the poetry to the next level and I love it.

Kxllixrxna
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kxllixrxna » 12 Oct 2018, 20:06

Spoken poetry can really open up the emotions that the author is feeling. Listening to the author read poetry helps you hear the emotion in there voice. I find it easier to understand spoken poetry rather than written poetry.

A_Wolfe
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-wolfe.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by A_Wolfe » 15 Oct 2018, 14:53

Spoken word is a beautiful form of artistic communication, and I've been excited by it's increase in popularity since I was young. I have written and published poetry of my own, and I find inspiration in the style and content of spoken word poetry. Andrea Gibson and Shane Koyczan, to name a couple, are beautiful spoken word poets.

Farida Bali
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farida-bali.html
Latest Review: The Flower Girl Murder by Keith Hirshland

Post by Farida Bali » 15 Oct 2018, 22:20

Spoken word poetry has become an art all by itself. It affords poets the opportunity to express their art with their bodies, to perform their art.

Return to “Poetry & Music”