Overall rating and opinion of Free Fish Friday

Discuss the October 2015 book of the month Free Fish Friday by Lee Stone
Taylor Razzani
Favorite Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 59294">The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books)</a>
Currently Reading: The Bachman Books
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-razzani.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
fav_author_id: 2684

Re: Overall rating and opinion of Free Fish Friday

Post by Taylor Razzani »

bookowlie wrote:
Taylor Razzani wrote:Not a bad book overall, I had to keep reading to find out what happened to Jerry! I hate to say it, but I was not a fan of Slacker. I think he spent too much time thinking intimate thoughts about women, and I didn't get how all those women would find him desirable. During the investigation I did like the time Slacker spent as a possible suspect. I kept alternating between thinking that maybe he did do it and the truth will be revealed and feeling really sorry for him and hoping it would end soon so he could get on with his life. I don't think I've ever felt sympathy for a character that I didn't really like, so that was a first!
I also didn't get how so many women found Slacker desirable - maybe it's a Key West thing. :) Still, he was certainly a memorable, interesting character although, unlike you, I never once thought he killed Jerry.
I just reread my comment and realized I worded that wrong, only after I confused myself :lol: I read your comment first and thought "I never thought he did!" I think the police hammering it in that he did it made me question for a few seconds that maybe he did do it, but it never made sense because why would he want to?
And yes, it might just be a Key West thing. :lol:
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 684
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I just finished the book since I got it free as BOTD. No regrets on spending time with it.

The author succeeded in creating a memorable story and an unforgettable cast of characters. While I know nothing about boats and fishing, the book did not alienate me. It was great fun learning interesting facts about life on the water.

I can't wait to read the next Slacker stories.

-- 08 Jul 2017, 05:29 --

Ooops, I forgot to give my rating. I believe the book definitely deserves 4 out of 4 stars.
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I just finished this book and submitted my review. This book was so much fun to read and I loved the theme as stated by Jerry Porter himself, "We are all a work in progress."

Return to “"Free Fish Friday" by Lee Stone”