"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Jason Tooke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-tooke.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Jason Tooke »

Just finished barracuda , what a great book , it was even better than the first . I can't wait for number 3 . !!
Lee Stone
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Lee Stone »

Tooke17 wrote:Just finished barracuda , what a great book , it was even better than the first . I can't wait for number 3 . !!
Thank you for the positive reinforcement. Please consider dropping your reviews for Barracuda and Free Fish Friday on the Amazon site ... they will glow there forever!
Dphaber
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dphaber.html
Latest Review: "The Icarus Prediction" by RD Gupta

Post by Dphaber »

Oh, Barracuda's available. Going to have to pick that one up now.
Latest Review: "The Icarus Prediction" by RD Gupta
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Overall, I really enjoyed Free Fish Friday! I liked most of the characters, and I enjoyed the plot. The fact that there wasn't an actual murderer was a nice little twist. I'll be honest, I was expecting a person to have caused Jerry's death, but when I found out his death was an accident, I actually felt relieved! Towards the beginning of the book, I was a little worried of the book being focused a little too much on fishing, which I have never tried and don't really want to, but the book surprised me! It wasn't too much at all!

I wasn't a big fan of Slacker's choices, focusing on the women aspect, for most of the book. I think it added to the plot, so I wouldn't want it to be changed. However, it was sad that he felt he needed to be with several women, including married ones, to satisfy his needs. On the upswing, I liked that in the end, it looks like he will be settling down with Devan after all! Nice, Devan! :)

I would absolutely recommend this book for others to read! It has a good balance of suspense without goriness and great plot development. The story line held my interest throughout the book. I also appreciate character development throughout the book as well. Thanks for a great read, Mr. Lee Stone!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

hsimone wrote:Overall, I really enjoyed Free Fish Friday! I liked most of the characters, and I enjoyed the plot. The fact that there wasn't an actual murderer was a nice little twist. I'll be honest, I was expecting a person to have caused Jerry's death, but when I found out his death was an accident, I actually felt relieved! Towards the beginning of the book, I was a little worried of the book being focused a little too much on fishing, which I have never tried and don't really want to, but the book surprised me! It wasn't too much at all!

I wasn't a big fan of Slacker's choices, focusing on the women aspect, for most of the book. I think it added to the plot, so I wouldn't want it to be changed. However, it was sad that he felt he needed to be with several women, including married ones, to satisfy his needs. On the upswing, I liked that in the end, it looks like he will be settling down with Devan after all! Nice, Devan! :)

I would absolutely recommend this book for others to read! It has a good balance of suspense without goriness and great plot development. The story line held my interest throughout the book. I also appreciate character development throughout the book as well. Thanks for a great read, Mr. Lee Stone!
I agree that it was a nice twist to discover Jerry's death was an accident. It was a great tie-in with the description of Jerry doing expert dives in the water early in the story. I love when pieces of the plot link like pieces of a puzzle.
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Me too! :)
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I also liked the twist at the end and thought it was a fitting end.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
V_bansal2912
Favorite Author: Ayn Rand
Favorite Book: Atlas Shrugged
Currently Reading: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-bansal2912.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2597

Post by V_bansal2912 »

I have just started reading the book...to be honest I would never have selected this type of book myself and would be missing a good read...so thank you for making it BOTM...!!
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I am proud to announce that Lee Stone wrote the first official Author Guest Post on our site! It's a gem.
Lee Stone
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Lee Stone »

Almost unmentioned is the fact that this particular "murder" mystery had no murder at all. All of the tragic events were triggered by a belief that the death was a result of foul play. Did that element intrigue? Disappoint? My hope was that it would be an entirely different, perhaps even intriguing, twist.
Jason Tooke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-tooke.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Jason Tooke »

Lee Stone wrote:Almost unmentioned is the fact that this particular "murder" mystery had no murder at all. All of the tragic events were triggered by a belief that the death was a result of foul play. Did that element intrigue? Disappoint? My hope was that it would be an entirely different, perhaps even intriguing, twist.
I thought it was a great twist ! Loved it
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Lee Stone wrote:Almost unmentioned is the fact that this particular "murder" mystery had no murder at all. All of the tragic events were triggered by a belief that the death was a result of foul play. Did that element intrigue? Disappoint? My hope was that it would be an entirely different, perhaps even intriguing, twist.
We didn't mention it to avoid spoiling it for those who didn't read the book yet. Anyway, I loved the twist and found it intriguing. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I loved the twist! Knowing that there wasn't a murder actually made me feel good. I appreciated the story more. Nice work! :)
Heidi

zaynab_m
Favorite Author: J. K. Rowling
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Currently Reading: Rilla of Ingleside
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaynab-m.html
Latest Review: "Countdown the reckoning" by Ashley Michael

Post by zaynab_m »

I haven't yet read the book, but it certainly seems like a good one based on how much everyone here like it. I hope I can read it soon
Last edited by zaynab_m on 11 Nov 2015, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Latest Review: "Countdown the reckoning" by Ashley Michael

Return to “"Free Fish Friday" by Lee Stone”