- Posts: 313
- Joined: 08 Jan 2016, 19:56
- 2017 Reading Goal: 55
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 7
- Favorite Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 59294">The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books)</a>
- Currently Reading: The End in All Beginnings
- Bookshelf Size: 52
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-razzani.html
- Latest Review: "My Life Before" by Terrell L. Frazier
- fav_author_id: 2684
Taylor Razzani wrote:Not a bad book overall, I had to keep reading to find out what happened to Jerry! I hate to say it, but I was not a fan of Slacker. I think he spent too much time thinking intimate thoughts about women, and I didn't get how all those women would find him desirable. During the investigation I did like the time Slacker spent as a possible suspect. I kept alternating between thinking that maybe he did do it and the truth will be revealed and feeling really sorry for him and hoping it would end soon so he could get on with his life. I don't think I've ever felt sympathy for a character that I didn't really like, so that was a first!
I also didn't get how so many women found Slacker desirable - maybe it's a Key West thing.
Still, he was certainly a memorable, interesting character although, unlike you, I never once thought he killed Jerry.
I just reread my comment and realized I worded that wrong, only after I confused myself
I read your comment first and thought "I never thought he did!" I think the police hammering it in that he did it made me question for a few seconds that maybe he did do it, but it never made sense because why would he want to?
And yes, it might just be a Key West thing.
- Previous Member of the Month
- Posts: 3196
- Joined: 02 May 2017, 20:17
- 2018 Reading Goal: 48
- 2017 Reading Goal: 36
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 64
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 125
- Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
- Bookshelf Size: 507
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-molina.html
- Latest Review: Just a Shelter Dog by Sally H. Cronk
- Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
I just finished the book since I got it free as BOTD. No regrets on spending time with it.
The author succeeded in creating a memorable story and an unforgettable cast of characters. While I know nothing about boats and fishing, the book did not alienate me. It was great fun learning interesting facts about life on the water.
I can't wait to read the next Slacker stories.
-- 08 Jul 2017, 05:29 --
Ooops, I forgot to give my rating. I believe the book definitely deserves 4 out of 4 stars.