For October 2015, we will be reading a Supernatural or Horror genre novel in honor of Halloween.
- Lilimaster of Bookshelves
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: 17 Jul 2015, 20:19
- 2019 Reading Goal: 52
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 3
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
- 2017 Reading Goal: 100
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
- Currently Reading: Me Before You
- Bookshelf Size: 431
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hsimone.html
- Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
- Publishing Contest Votes: 27
ryanj1 wrote: hsimone wrote:
Hm...all this talk about horror makes me want to dive a little more into it. Honestly, I never would have thought that one day I would say this, but here I am saying it
I'll definitely add The Shining
to my to-read list, I'm not sure about The Monk
. But, thank you, ryanj1, for taking the time to write about each. It helps to see what I'm willing to try!
I hope you enjoy 'The Shining'
"Love is patient, love is kind." -1 Corinthians 13:4
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 31 May 2017, 20:07
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 61
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elivia05.html
- Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
gali wrote: ↑
02 Oct 2015, 07:49
I didn't have a chance to read the book I planned to read yet, so thought I will write about a book I have read a while ago and liked, Heart-Shaped Box/Joe Hill. I rated it 3 out of 4 stars. It belongs to the horror genre of course.
Horror isn't really my cup of tea, but I read horror books whenever the mood strikes me. Truth to be told I chose this book because I knew that Joe Hill is the son of Stephen King. I have not read many of King's books, but I liked what little I've read and I was curios about this book.
This story is about a collector of macabre items. Buying a ghost online will be his undoing...The book is full of ghosts and gore and really gross stuff like in any good horror book, but it is bearable. Hill weaves a chilling horror story that takes the reader on a wild ride. The book has tension and nail-biting moments. There is death, there is mystery, there is intense danger and stress, there is revenge, and all are well woven together. I would certainly recommend this book!
I have heard so many great things about this book, but blood and gore is not the type of horror that I enjoy. I may pick it up in a pinch.