Member of the Month Nomination: Dennisk

A forum to announce and congratulate the Member of the Month (MOTM).
Ryan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ryan.html

Member of the Month Nomination: Dennisk

Post by Ryan »

It’s with great pleasure that I announce Dennisk as the next Member of the Month. How to express the omnipresence of Dennisk in a few words? Impossible! It’s best to say that he’s everywhere and he’s watching you – in the community forums, in the reviews and in the book discussions. A solid contributor in most areas of the forum, Dennisk is certainly known for his thoughtful and interesting commentary in the world of literature, sniffing out the less comely substance in the stack of books so that nought remains hidden. But look elsewhere and there is real beauty in his descriptions of nature which belies his friendly and approachable personality, infecting the forum with verve and Californian warmth. You’ve no doubt seen that adorable face about the forums, chasing balls and lazing around on the couch. It’s great to have you with us, Dennisk … just please leave the postman alone!

:tiphat:
"Reason is intelligence taking exercise. Imagination is intelligence with an erection" -- Victor Hugo.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Congratulations @"Dennisk" :) :congratualtions-smiley:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
DennisK
Favorite Author: Ken Follett
Currently Reading: Light in August
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennisk.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
fav_author_id: 3559

Post by DennisK »

Thank you for this honor, folks - my dog, Hazel thanks you too! I once caught her chewing on a library book from my bed stand, and since then, we have partnered in this forum. In that we both love books, it seems only proper. My exposure to books are broader since joining and I send my thanks to those who work at keeping OnlineBookClub a prominent member of the internet.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Congratulations! :clap:

To both of you :D
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
DATo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

Ryan, as usual, said it all ... almost *LOL*.

The Book And Reading Discussion Forums is blessed with an enormous array of exceedingly well read, friendly, and talented commentators. In my opinion our forums have no rival on the entire internet. Thus it is truly an honor to be singled out among so many deserving members, as Dennisk has, for this significant and well deserved award.

It is such a pleasure to know that @Dennisk is one among our fellow members. Dennisk is a solid contributor to the general discussion and a worthy mentor to those seeking the finer points of literary works. It is significant to note that Dennisk is currently reading Faulkner's The Sound And the Fury . This book is not for amateurs. I have poked at this book with a long stick from time to time and then run away screaming like a woman. It takes real courage to take on this monster.

Dennisk, I congratulate you on becoming the October Member Of The Month and hope that you will consider your appointment to this claim as an acknowledgement of the high regard in which you are held by one and all.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
DennisK

Post by DennisK »

Thank you, Gravy and DATo ....... The Sound and the Fury .... eeeh ..... I ran away screaming too. I took refuge in Faulkner's Light in August. It seems DATo and I have a challenge before us. :wink2:
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

DennisK wrote:Thank you for this honor, folks - my dog, Hazel thanks you too! I once caught her chewing on a library book from my bed stand, and since then, we have partnered in this forum. In that we both love books, it seems only proper. My exposure to books are broader since joining and I send my thanks to those who work at keeping OnlineBookClub a prominent member of the internet.
Congratulations Dennisk, you are a worthy recipient of this awesome title. Enjoy your month :tiphat:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Lauren M
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-m.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts

Post by Lauren M »

Congrats DennisK :)
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts
DennisK

Post by DennisK »

Thanks Fran & Lauren M!
"My exposure to books are broader since joining ....." My exposure to books IS broader since joining .... a blunder!
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Yay! Congrats DennisK! The honor is well deserved. You add so much to any discussion you're in and are just an all-around nice person. :) Also, I confess I love seeing Hazel's photo all the time!

As MOTM, you will be subjected to my banana guys dancing in your honor all month long.

:banana-fingers: :banana-jumprope: :banana-guitar: :banana-linedance: :banana-fingers: :banana-linedance: :banana-blonde:
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Ryan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ryan.html

Post by Ryan »

DATo wrote:Ryan, as usual, said it all ... almost *LOL*.

The Book And Reading Discussion Forums is blessed with an enormous array of exceedingly well read, friendly, and talented commentators. In my opinion our forums have no rival on the entire internet. Thus it is truly an honor to be singled out among so many deserving members, as Dennisk has, for this significant and well deserved award.

It is such a pleasure to know that @Dennisk is one among our fellow members. Dennisk is a solid contributor to the general discussion and a worthy mentor to those seeking the finer points of literary works. It is significant to note that Dennisk is currently reading Faulkner's The Sound And the Fury . This book is not for amateurs. I have poked at this book with a long stick from time to time and then run away screaming like a woman. It takes real courage to take on this monster.

Dennisk, I congratulate you on becoming the October Member Of The Month and hope that you will consider your appointment to this claim as an acknowledgement of the high regard in which you are held by one and all.
My lot is only to please :tiphat:
"Reason is intelligence taking exercise. Imagination is intelligence with an erection" -- Victor Hugo.
DennisK

Post by DennisK »

Thanks Bookowlie! WOW, the banana guys …. I'm speechless.
:indubitablysmile:
TrishaAnn92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Congrats DennisK!!
DennisK

Post by DennisK »

Thank you TrishaAnn92
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Congratulations Dennisk and also your dog!! :)
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.

Return to “Member of the Month”