Member of the Month Nomination: Carla Hurst-Chandler

A forum to announce and congratulate the Member of the Month (MOTM).
Carla Hurst-Chandler
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Pirzig
Favorite Book: Zen and the Art...
Currently Reading: The Lost Landscape
Bookshelf Size: 124

Re: Member of the Month Nomination: Carla Hurst-Chandler

Post by Carla Hurst-Chandler »

I am not at all sure I am doing this right...but since this month's winner gets to nominate for next month, I would like to nominate Fran (take a bow, Fran) for March's Member of the Month. One of the first to befriend me when I joined the Online bookclub in 2012, we have spent many a night at the Online Pub...or later at Coldfire's: (online)Smugglers Inn...teasing the hedgehogs and eating all the chocolate. A true bibliophile, gentlewoman and connoisseur of fine confections!
“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
rssllue
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Good nomination, Carla...except, moderators/administrators cannot win Member of the Month. We are just not allowed. :( But that was an awesome nomination pitch! 8) Fran at the very least certainly deserves a :occasion-cake: and a :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: !
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
DATo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

Carla Hurst-Chandler wrote:I am not at all sure I am doing this right...but since this month's winner gets to nominate for next month, I would like to nominate Fran (take a bow, Fran) for March's Member of the Month. One of the first to befriend me when I joined the Online bookclub in 2012, we have spent many a night at the Online Pub...or later at Coldfire's: (online)Smugglers Inn...teasing the hedgehogs and eating all the chocolate. A true bibliophile, gentlewoman and connoisseur of fine confections!
Hi Caaaaaarla *batting eyelashes*

Listen sweetie, rssllue is right, admins and the lesser demigods are not eligible as M'sOTM - it is the Eleventh Commandment. Also, the current MOTM must not offer nomination suggestions publicly and in advance. Well, I mean, they won't draw and quarter you if you do, but it sort of messes up the surprise element if you do. The whole plan is to have the nominee soil themselves when they suddenly find out that they have been selected. I do not know why this is the intended goal but it will suffice. In my case I had a stroke, and for a week I thought I was Lady Gaga. Suggestions aside, I think you were a MAHvelous MOTM selection and almost 1/2 way through your reign you are wearing the crown well!
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

Wow. :shock:

:text-tmi: :lol:

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
DATo

Post by DATo »

:eusa-whistle:
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

:lol:

Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

DATo wrote:In my case I had a stroke, and for a week I thought I was Lady Gaga.
Milady :tiphat: :lol:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

:laughing-rolling:

DATo

Post by DATo »

Gravy wrote:
Hey, it's not funny. For a week I was shaving my legs and singing the Star Spangled Banner. Had all the dogs in the neighborhood howling. THAT is what a MOTM nomination can do to you. It's a really serious business and not for the faint of heart. (Hey rssllue, it occurs to me that "faint" and "heart" would make excellent entries for the Five Letter Word Game.)

Rah Rah Ahh Ahh Ahh Rah Ma RahMahMah GaGa Ooo LaLa .... :oops: sorry, I have flashbacks sometimes.
― Steven Wright
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

DATo wrote:
Gravy wrote:
Hey, it's not funny. For a week I was shaving my legs and singing the Star Spangled Banner. Had all the dogs in the neighborhood howling. THAT is what a MOTM nomination can do to you. It's a really serious business and not for the faint of heart. (Hey rssllue, it occurs to me that "faint" and "heart" would make excellent entries for the Five Letter Word Game.)

Rah Rah Ahh Ahh Ahh Rah Ma RahMahMah GaGa Ooo LaLa .... :oops: sorry, I have flashbacks sometimes.
:banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

:laughing-rolling:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

@Carla Hurst-Chandler
I am hugely flattered but regretably ineligible for such an awesome honour ... that does not mean that you can't leave a nice bar of Dairy Milk behind the counter at the Smugglers :wink:

I think we will have to give some thought to the process if being made Member of the Month is a possible cause of injury to life or limb ... or necessitate temporary incarceration in a home for the bewildered. We don't want the ambulance chasers getting poor Scott in their cross hairs. :character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer:

I propose that a protective shield be deployed around the nominee before an announcent is made and all due care taken to have medical staff on stand by with oxygen & defibrillator and perhaps a reviving glass of brandy :eusa-think: :eusa-think:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
DATo

Post by DATo »

Fran wrote:@Carla Hurst-Chandler
I am hugely flattered but regretably ineligible for such an awesome honour ... that does not mean that you can't leave a nice bar of Dairy Milk behind the counter at the Smugglers :wink:

I think we will have to give some thought to the process if being made Member of the Month is a possible cause of injury to life or limb ... or necessitate temporary incarceration in a home for the bewildered. We don't want the ambulance chasers getting poor Scott in their cross hairs. :character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer:

I propose that a protective shield be deployed around the nominee before an announcent is made and all due care taken to have medical staff on stand by with oxygen & defibrillator and perhaps a reviving glass of brandy :eusa-think: :eusa-think:
DID SOMEONE SAY BRANDY ?

Whycome I didn't get any brandy when I was MOTM? All I got was a turkey stuck on my head for a month!
*Throws himself to the floor in frustration*
― Steven Wright
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

DATo wrote:

DID SOMEONE SAY BRANDY ?

Whycome I didn't get any brandy when I was MOTM? All I got was a turkey stuck on my head for a month!
@DATo
The hospital wouldn't let us being in brandy ... we tried, we tried
All the Matron would say was :hand:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
DATo

Post by DATo »

Fran wrote:
DATo wrote:

DID SOMEONE SAY BRANDY ?

@DATo
The hospital wouldn't let us being in brandy ... we tried, we tried
All the Matron would say was :hand:
@Fran
Yup, I know all about hospital matrons. Here we call them "nurses". None of them ever actually nurse patients I hasten to add, despite the pleas of our older, deviant, male patients.

As you may remember, I recently had to have a couple of stents put into my heart arteries. The procedure required that I fast from the previous afternoon of the day of the procedure. When I was brought back to my room the lovely, albeit rather large nurse who was my attendant asked if I would like anything to eat. To tell the truth I was famished and would have eaten the rotting corpse of a dead raccoon acquired off the highway. She asked what I would like and in the slightly drugged state from which I was becoming more alert I couldn't think of a single thing to offer in response. I simply told her to get me whatever she would like to have. This proved to be a serendipitous stroke of luck for as I have stated previously she was a rather LARGE girl. Well, to make this story short, in time she returned with a huge omelet which proved to be the most delicious I have ever eaten, accompanied by an enormous pile of fried potatoes, two - TWO MIND YOU - cups of extremely good coffee (I could have kissed her feet), orange juice and a buttered muffin. My tummy and taste buds were deliriously happy and I can hardly wait for my next life-threatening event which, if God is kind, will reunite me with this large, but beneficent, angel of mercy.
― Steven Wright
Amber_Nicole
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber-nicole.html

Post by Amber_Nicole »

Congrats :)

Return to “Member of the Month”