Member of the Month Nomination: Bighuey

A forum to announce and congratulate the Member of the Month (MOTM).
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Member of the Month Nomination: Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Thanks to everyone.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

DATo wrote:
Bighuey wrote:Heres an idea. All the members of the month for the year should have a big get-together and have a BBQ, music and dancing, swap lies and the only rule is no one is allowed to go home sober.
That works for me but so far there are only four MOTM so it will have to be a small get together. On the one hand that's good - more BBQ and booze for me; on the other hand it's bad - not enough people to oooh and ahhh over my lies.
Give it another eight months and there will eleven of us oooh and ahhh over your stories. Barbeque, music, dancing.....I'm there! I also vote for a poker table in the corner. :)
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Sounds like a plan. Maybe even get T-shirts and coffee cups with MOTM logos on them.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Bighuey wrote:Sounds like a plan. Maybe even get T-shirts and coffee cups with MOTM logos on them.
We should only use the T-shirts and coffee cups during the MOTM soirees. Otherwise, the general public might think MOTM is some kind of gang of motorcyclists...or even mothers! Considering many of the MOTM's are male, that would be a little weird!
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
DATo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

bookowlie wrote:
Bighuey wrote:Sounds like a plan. Maybe even get T-shirts and coffee cups with MOTM logos on them.
We should only use the T-shirts and coffee cups during the MOTM soirees. Otherwise, the general public might think MOTM is some kind of gang of motorcyclists...or even mothers! Considering many of the MOTM's are male, that would be a little weird!
Wouldn't it be something if the Knights Templar and the Illuminati were really MOTM of ancient book clubs and have been misunderstood all these years as being secret and sinister societies?
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

DATo wrote:
bookowlie wrote:
Wouldn't it be something if the Knights Templar and the Illuminati were really MOTM of ancient book clubs and have been misunderstood all these years as being secret and sinister societies?
:text-lol:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
lauraforever
Currently Reading: True detectives
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauraforever.html

Post by lauraforever »

Congratulations Bighuey!!! That is awesome and I am thankful that you help all of us feel so involved from your many posts and comments!!!
DATo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

WARNING: Being the MOTM can be hazardous to your health!

This was me last Tuesday. (Not to worry I'm fine now.) I went to the doctor for my annual checkup and at the conclusion he asked me if anything strange has affected me recently and I mentioned that I had had a few chest pains. He asked if I had been smoking excessively or drinking to an immoderate extent and I replied that I had engaged in neither. He then asked if I had been subjected to any great stress to which I replied in the negative. Finally he asked if I had been wearing a turkey on my head recently to which I informed him that as a book club Member Of The Month for the month of November I was obligated to wear one and that I had.

I was immediately rushed to the hospital where I was poked and prodded and stuck with many needles. Electrical devices were pasted to my chest, a band was placed around my arm to periodically and automatically monitor my blood pressure and I was then wheeled to surgery to have a couple of stents put into my heart for they told me my heart was broken. I explained to them that Mary Ellen Jacubiack had broken my heart when I was 10 years old but I had gotten over it and they could save themselves the trouble but they were adamant.

The room had about six people in it but I quickly ascertained who was going to perform the procedure and asked him if he had gotten plenty of sleep the night before. He replied that he had. I then asked if he had had any arguments with his wife or children that morning before he left for work which might affect the steadiness of his hands. He told me to shut up or he wouldn't give me any anesthetics (you guys know my sense of humor and you know I'm not making this part up. The Doc had a sense of humor to match my own. *L*). So they went into an artery in my groin and all the way up to my heart and stuck the two stents in which will keep my arteries open long enough for me to endorse the insurance claim so they can get paid.

I was home the same day and I am no longer heartbroken. MY sister, DITTa, was so overcome by the success of the procedure that she lit a candle to Saint Genesius who happens to be the patron saint of clowns.

SO BIGHUEY ... DON'T WEAR THE BEAR HEAD IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU.

A Santa hat will do.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Wow I sure wont wear one of those. Ill stick to my old ragged beat up Western Metal Recycling and Dead Animal Disposal cap.

Hope you feel better, Ill lite a candle to Whoever Watches Over Sick People Saint.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

DATo wrote:WARNING: Being the MOTM can be hazardous to your health!

This was me last Tuesday. (Not to worry I'm fine now.) I went to the doctor for my annual checkup and at the conclusion he asked me if anything strange has affected me recently and I mentioned that I had had a few chest pains. He asked if I had been smoking excessively or drinking to an immoderate extent and I replied that I had engaged in neither. He then asked if I had been subjected to any great stress to which I replied in the negative. Finally he asked if I had been wearing a turkey on my head recently to which I informed him that as a book club Member Of The Month for the month of November I was obligated to wear one and that I had.

I was immediately rushed to the hospital where I was poked and prodded and stuck with many needles. Electrical devices were pasted to my chest, a band was placed around my arm to periodically and automatically monitor my blood pressure and I was then wheeled to surgery to have a couple of stents put into my heart for they told me my heart was broken. I explained to them that Mary Ellen Jacubiack had broken my heart when I was 10 years old but I had gotten over it and they could save themselves the trouble but they were adamant.

The room had about six people in it but I quickly ascertained who was going to perform the procedure and asked him if he had gotten plenty of sleep the night before. He replied that he had. I then asked if he had had any arguments with his wife or children that morning before he left for work which might affect the steadiness of his hands. He told me to shut up or he wouldn't give me any anesthetics (you guys know my sense of humor and you know I'm not making this part up. The Doc had a sense of humor to match my own. *L*). So they went into an artery in my groin and all the way up to my heart and stuck the two stents in which will keep my arteries open long enough for me to endorse the insurance claim so they can get paid.

I was home the same day and I am no longer heartbroken. MY sister, DITTa, was so overcome by the success of the procedure that she lit a candle to Saint Genesius who happens to be the patron saint of clowns.

A Santa hat will do.
I am glad you are fine now, and I do hope you feel better. Be well and take care of yourself!

No turkey on your head, and no wild parties for you! :wink:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

:text-yeahthat:

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I agree with gali and Graverobber. Make sure you take care of yourself, DATo!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

And no more turkey hats! Let us all be warned! :shock:

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
rachel_bruhn
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-jacks.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by rachel_bruhn »

DATo wrote:WARNING: Being the MOTM can be hazardous to your health!

A Santa hat will do.
So glad to hear you are doing better and I hope that things stay on the up and up in the future! I must say, for you to go through all of that (which I am sure must have been a little nerve-wracking) and still maintain your sense of humor is awesome! Not to mention I love the way you write. :) Hopefully no one else has any health hazards from being MOTM. If so, can we fight for worker's comp??
Journey beyond the jacket.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

@DATo
I never know if you are serious or messing but that photo is pretty scary.

In light of DATo close encounter I am making an executive decision ... from now on the only headgear permitted for donning on the cranial appendage of the Member of the Month will be
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James

Return to “Member of the Month”