Member of the Month Nomination: Bighuey

A forum to announce and congratulate the Member of the Month (MOTM).
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Member of the Month Nomination: Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

What is that, some kind of an ancient Celtic warrior helmet or something? Or the guy's head turned inside out?
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
DATo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

Bighuey wrote:What is that, some kind of an ancient Celtic warrior helmet or something? Or the guy's head turned inside out?
Maybe he is Italian. Looks to me like his wife dumped a large bowl of spaghetti over his head. I can testify from personal experience that this happens often in Italian families.

@Fran - I'm fine. The pict was taken just as they returned me to my room after the procedure was completed. I was still half whacked out from the Kickapoo Joy Juice they had given me. :sleeping-blue:
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
rssllue
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

DATo wrote:WARNING: Being the MOTM can be hazardous to your health!

This was me last Tuesday. (Not to worry I'm fine now.) I went to the doctor for my annual checkup and at the conclusion he asked me if anything strange has affected me recently and I mentioned that I had had a few chest pains. He asked if I had been smoking excessively or drinking to an immoderate extent and I replied that I had engaged in neither. He then asked if I had been subjected to any great stress to which I replied in the negative. Finally he asked if I had been wearing a turkey on my head recently to which I informed him that as a book club Member Of The Month for the month of November I was obligated to wear one and that I had.

I was immediately rushed to the hospital where I was poked and prodded and stuck with many needles. Electrical devices were pasted to my chest, a band was placed around my arm to periodically and automatically monitor my blood pressure and I was then wheeled to surgery to have a couple of stents put into my heart for they told me my heart was broken. I explained to them that Mary Ellen Jacubiack had broken my heart when I was 10 years old but I had gotten over it and they could save themselves the trouble but they were adamant.

The room had about six people in it but I quickly ascertained who was going to perform the procedure and asked him if he had gotten plenty of sleep the night before. He replied that he had. I then asked if he had had any arguments with his wife or children that morning before he left for work which might affect the steadiness of his hands. He told me to shut up or he wouldn't give me any anesthetics (you guys know my sense of humor and you know I'm not making this part up. The Doc had a sense of humor to match my own. *L*). So they went into an artery in my groin and all the way up to my heart and stuck the two stents in which will keep my arteries open long enough for me to endorse the insurance claim so they can get paid.

I was home the same day and I am no longer heartbroken. MY sister, DITTa, was so overcome by the success of the procedure that she lit a candle to Saint Genesius who happens to be the patron saint of clowns.

SO BIGHUEY ... DON'T WEAR THE BEAR HEAD IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU.

A Santa hat will do.
I had that done too a few years back, but without the stents being placed. Very cool that you are doing well, DATo! 8)
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

DATo wrote:
Bighuey wrote:What is that, some kind of an ancient Celtic warrior helmet or something? Or the guy's head turned inside out?
Maybe he is Italian. Looks to me like his wife dumped a large bowl of spaghetti over his head. I can testify from personal experience that this happens often in Italian families.

@Fran - I'm fine. The pict was taken just as they returned me to my room after the procedure was completed. I was still half whacked out from the Kickapoo Joy Juice they had given me. :sleeping-blue:
DATo, I am not sure if you really had a procedure! If you did, best wishes for a speedy recovery. :)

Bighuey - I will have a drink to toast your December reign tomorrow night. :tiphat:
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
rssllue
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Egg nog!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Top1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Top1 »

Congratulations!

Return to “Member of the Month”