Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Off-Topic » Member of the Month

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Member of the Month Nominations

A forum to announce and congratulate the Member of the Month (MOTM).

Re: Member of the Month Nominations

Post Number:#16 by Ant
» 22 Aug 2016, 13:42

With all the technology we have at our fingertips today, I just think it is incredibly poor to come across mistakes especially in published works.
I probably went a bit over the top suggesting the 'demise of standards in modern' life was due to people not being bothered by spelling mistakes in books. :D
Ant
Previous Member of the Month

Bookshelf Size: 1 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#17 by DATo
» 22 Aug 2016, 16:05

Ant wrote:With all the technology we have at our fingertips today, I just think it is incredibly poor to come across mistakes especially in published works.
I probably went a bit over the top suggesting the 'demise of standards in modern' life was due to people not being bothered by spelling mistakes in books. :D

You DID NOT go over the top at all. I agree with you completely. In the old times they didn't even have spell checker programs and they still did a better job than editors do today.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Bookshelf Size: 0 books

Post Number:#18 by jyates2016
» 18 Nov 2016, 16:17

I think it is great to recognize readers. I personally am not here as a reader for the recognition but rather to increase my love of reading. Congratulations to all of the motm nominees it is a great accomplishment.
jyates2016

Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 2 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#19 by 22kcox
» 23 Nov 2016, 17:32

New member here. I think it's awesome that this site does something like this. It seems like a great community of book lovers here.
22kcox

Currently Reading: Animal Farm
Bookshelf Size: 32 books

View Reviewer Page

Previous