A forum to announce and congratulate the Member of the Month (MOTM).
- Posts: 777
- Joined: 11 Jul 2017, 06:41
- 2017 Reading Goal: 50
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 44
- Bookshelf Size: 112
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
- Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
- Reading Device: B00UB76290
- Location: Kenya
Wow, how many prices do you guys have???
-- 07 Sep 2017, 00:35 --
Miriam Molina wrote:Congratulations, StoppoppingtheP! I first met you via your 4-star review of Children of Covenant, then BOTD. I read the book because it was free and because of the good rating you gave. Both the book and your review deserve 4 stars. In that review, you mentioned that you despised prejudices (although you sometimes succumbed, like the rest of us mortals).
Thank you for sharing more about yourself, despite your being a private person. I am curious, though, if you can share about your screen name. That is if it is not too private.
Again, Congratulations! You MOTM inspire me.
Thank you so much for your great comment.
My screen name is StoppoppingtheP. This is because I used to read a lot of books by indie authors on some online websites, and many of them had a repetitive way of writing. One thing that so many of them would do was to write the sentence: "'Yup', she said, popping the P", or something to this effect.
I eventually got so annoyed at reading this sentence over and over in these books because it made the writing less original and imaginative. So that's the short story of my screen name. I know that it's a strange name, but that was the mood I was in at that time. If I had to change it I don't know what I would choose now.
A very interesting bit of history you have there. I'm very interested in further reading your work.
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 03:38
- Bookshelf Size: 2
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bunmijimoh.html
- Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Congratulations, keep up the good work.
- Posts: 241
- Joined: 05 Jan 2017, 02:04
- 2017 Reading Goal: 10
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 130
- Favorite Author: John Grisham
- Currently Reading: Southern Cross
- Bookshelf Size: 36
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
- Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
- fav_author_id: 2455
Congratulations StoppoppingtheP. This is well deserved. Wear your crown like the queen that you are, and keep on being so wonderful! Thanks for being one of us!
- Previous Member of the Month
- Posts: 749
- Joined: 16 Aug 2014, 06:17
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 109
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
- Latest Review: Character Loves Company by Pete Paciorek
Congratulations, well deserved. Had a chuckle reading the story of how you got your screen name
- Posts: 795
- Joined: 26 Apr 2017, 23:01
- 2018 Reading Goal: 2
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 0
- Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
- Bookshelf Size: 101
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
- Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer