Official Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti

Discuss the July 2015 book of the month, The Wicked Wives: A Novel Based on a True Story by Gus Pelagatti.
Oanaread
Currently Reading: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oanaread.html

Re: Official Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti

Post by Oanaread »

Very passionate review. I have to admit you made a point with the title, at first it didn't appeal to me, but after reading your words I'm really curious about the book so I will definitely read it. Thank you for such a good review!
Shein30438
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shein30438.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B07XR7CPXG

Post by Shein30438 »

Wonderful, well thought review with lots of detail. This book sounds like a great read. I've always found historical crime tales very interesting, whether or not I agree with the crime committed. I have to agree on the title of the novel, for the fact I did not find interest in reading this until I read your review.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Marika Tabone
Currently Reading: Lost Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marika-tabone.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Marika Tabone »

Well done to both the author and the reviewer!. I enjoyed reading the review. I am sure I will love to read this story which is simply fascinating a great plunge in the phycology of these women and the motives behind their actions. It sure feels as an intriguing plot.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Thanks everyone for the feedback! One of the most interesting parts of this book was knowing it was based on a true story. After I read the book, I looked up the information online. The true story is just as wild as the fictional one!
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Shakiz amani mbaire
Favorite Author: Elizabeth Rudnick
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 29
fav_author_id: 30509

Post by Shakiz amani mbaire »

The book was great although it had a lot
of twist in the end. But I think the author
mistakenly did not do well with the title.
Any one who hasn't read the book and
hears the title would think it's a romance genre kind of book. I would rate the book 3out of 4star's
.Great book
JUNAFE21
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by JUNAFE21 »

This story made me cry its just a horrible thing that you gonna kill your husband just to make money out of it. I really2x like the content of this story the fact that its a true based happenings and i had learned something from it. I'm gonna wish to all the wives out there to love your husband and not try to exchange him to money. Being loved by your husband back is heaven. I feel so happy when my husband told me how he loved me that much and cares a lot to me. Money is just for past time but the love of a person is for a lifetime. So please put this into your head that no matter how rich you are if you have no partner you can't experienced the real meaning of happiness. So better buy this book coz you gonna love it so much. :D
Gadsprapty
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Gadsprapty »

This review is thrilling and aroused my interest in the book.
Chepkemoi95
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chepkemoi95.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chepkemoi95 »

Wow this is a great review I literally got carried away I can just picture how addicting the book is going to be this is going in my shelves right away.
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
sefmartin
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by sefmartin »

Very nice review! Sometimes or maybe all the time, money and wealth can be the root of evil as the saying goes. You will do everything just to have money.
It is a nice story!Thank you
warmoge
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by warmoge »

the story of "the wicked wives" depicts the true happenings of the husband wife relation in the contemporary world where an interested party can entice the wife to terminate her husband's noble life so as to access the insurance threshold.....it is really disgusting.

-- 30 Jun 2017, 23:45 --
sefmartin wrote:Very nice review! Sometimes or maybe all the time, money and wealth can be the root of evil as the saying goes. You will do everything just to have money.
It is a nice story!Thank you
8) i really concur with u that money and wealth is the genesis of all vices,congrats!for the splendid analysis.
Neverland
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Neverland »

This book will make a nice read. The story line sounds good. Congrats to the author for getting 4 stars. Nice review.
Joseph gitahi
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Joseph gitahi »

The book somehow has some sense of romance.The title has a differing meaning with the content.
MNCEDISI
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by MNCEDISI »

Wow thank you for such a detailed review. I am not eally into feminine genres but i think i will read this one, just to know the other side of women better. :D
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

I really liked the review. It is well written. You have described the book in your own way. This book seems fabulous. :)
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Arowolosco
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Arowolosco »

it is very obnoxious character for those women to murdered their husbands simply because of insurance money.
well, storyline of the book was interesting and fabulous to had revealed the dirty of early 90s. it is cool.

Return to “"The Wicked Wives" by Gus Pelagatti”