Internet, wi-fi, and e-mail.

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.
a9436
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a9436.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Internet, wi-fi, and e-mail.

Post by a9436 » 31 Jul 2018, 03:21

Hello,

I am both reading and writing about feminism and technology at the moment, and am unsure as to the correct British English forms of the terms in the subject line.

- If I write about the Internet, am I correct to capitalise the I? I thought yes, but many of my sources use a lower case i. Could this be a regional factor?

- I write e-mail, to acknowledge that this is an abbreviation of electronic mail, but I see email more and more frequently.

- Is it wifi, wi-fi, Wi-Fi, WIFI, WiFi, or something else? I have seen so many different combinations!

Thank you very much for your help :) .

Return to ÔÇťInternational GrammarÔÇŁ