How write story sentences?

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Guylooking4help_123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon How write story sentences?

Post by Guylooking4help_123 »

I never liked to read to begin with or anything. I just game all day everyday. So get this I'm a guy with a mind with ideas. I want to put together a story of some sort, but don't really know how. I type sentences like these:
Name1: Hey what’s up.
Name2: Nothing man.
Like a play but its not going to be a play. I like to type like this. It's a more simpler way and understandable way of me to read. I never liked when characters talked like this. "Hey what's up",said Name1. "Nothing man.", said Name 2. I think that's how you do it. Then to narrate or something has happened I'll type (Someone else came) or *Runs away*.

In my story its not going to be just one, but like a long series. I'm also going to take it slow. Sometimes I dream of randomness and wonder what I just dreamt. Those ideas I write them down somewhere on my computer so I won't forget them.
Mtsweni Nelsy
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsweni-nelsy.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Mtsweni Nelsy »

Hey Guylooking4help_123, I see you recently join the book club, so, a very great welcome to you!

I would be interested in reading your story one day. I like the order of your sentences that you are planning to use in your story, they look really simple to read and follow.

All the best, and happy story writing.

Cheers!
FNAWrite

Post by FNAWrite »

Writing for your own enjoyment you can write any way you please. As I advised the poster about telephone discussions, ask yourself if have ever seen a story written the way you want to write your story. If not, there's probably a good reason.

You note that you don't like to read - then you are not familiar with how stories look, how they work. Most authors read a lot. It's like wanting to play football without ever having watched a game to see what football players do.

As you describe what you want to do, it seems more like an outline of a story than a story. An unfinished product. It is in a way, as you note, similar to the way a play is written.

Let me ask, if you want to write like a play is written, why not write a play? "Then to narrate or something has happened I'll type (Someone else came) or *Runs away*." This would be a stage direction.
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

Guylooking4help_123 wrote:I never liked to read to begin with or anything. I just game all day everyday. So get this I'm a guy with a mind with ideas. I want to put together a story of some sort, but don't really know how. I type sentences like these:
Name1: Hey what’s up.
Name2: Nothing man.
Like a play but its not going to be a play. I like to type like this. It's a more simpler way and understandable way of me to read. I never liked when characters talked like this. "Hey what's up",said Name1. "Nothing man.", said Name 2. I think that's how you do it. Then to narrate or something has happened I'll type (Someone else came) or *Runs away*.

In my story its not going to be just one, but like a long series. I'm also going to take it slow. Sometimes I dream of randomness and wonder what I just dreamt. Those ideas I write them down somewhere on my computer so I won't forget them.
Try short stories. Blog posts, etc
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Guylooking4help_123

Late respond to you first two because I don't know how to respond to those answers. I have tired to write these stories, however I feel like its not good enough. I have gone at it two times, but stopped cause I felt like it was getting nowhere. The outlines I'm doing is a bit different. I'm writing like this, Plot1:(insert idea here), then I start to write sentences about what is going to happen. When I start typing the story I will get into detail more. It sounds like a summary but will be a story soon. Even when I'm done with first story I will proceed to continue it. I have a feeling if I publish it and everything it can be good, but then something tells me I won't do good on the next one. So I will keep them to myself for now.

I'll eventually stop the story as the longer it goes the more terrible it will be. Shows like Spongebob and the Simpsons have a ton of seasons and those shows are getting worse. The story will end until I feel satisfied.

The story itself will have a mature tone. Like not cussing or inappropriate parts for no reason. Inappropriate parts yes if something needs to happen but yeah no cussing.
benmansour imane

Post by benmansour imane »

hi i'm not an author type but some time i have like a lots of thoughts going on my head so trying to put them together as story but i failed
so can you show me how to get to it
jaylperry
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaylperry.html
Latest Review: The Polygrapher by Dohn Jagster (Pseudonym)

Post by jaylperry »

Hey, Guy.

I think the best place to start would be with finding and reading a short story with well-written, engaging dialogue. Then stop and ask some questions about how the author did that:

What words did the author use to start or end quotations?
How did the author format the dialogue?
If a second character starts speaking, does the author start a new paragraph?
Is the dialogue broken up by descriptions?
How did the author do that without it seeming clunky?

It's pretty exciting to have a story in your brain that you'd like to share with the world. I hope to read your writing when you publish!
“A book, too, can be a star, ‘explosive material, capable of stirring up fresh life endlessly,’ a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe.”
– Madeleine L’Engle
Guylooking4help_123

benmansour imane wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 14:27 hi i'm not an author type but some time i have like a lots of thoughts going on my head so trying to put them together as story but i failed
so can you show me how to get to it
First, you got to know who is your main main character. A term I made up which to me means, the most important characters out of all your cast of characters. The character is involved in everything like scenes, plots, intros, and etc. Eliminating the main main character will make your story fall apart and not be what it was. Examples of a main main character are Ash from pokemon, Goku from dragon ball, and spongebob from spongebob. Not only that, but must be unique from all characters too. Meaning there can't be someone that is like the main character. Which is Personality, Look, and strength. That pretty much goes for all main characters too.

Find ways to inspire yourself to create ideas. I personally listen to music which is just in-game music. Sometimes I listen to remixes of music to fuel myself. With listening to music I find it that the fuel I found is only temporary, eventually you will become sick of it after constantly hearing it.
Guylooking4help_123

jaylperry wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 00:53 Hey, Guy.

I think the best place to start would be with finding and reading a short story with well-written, engaging dialogue. Then stop and ask some questions about how the author did that:

What words did the author use to start or end quotations?
How did the author format the dialogue?
If a second character starts speaking, does the author start a new paragraph?
Is the dialogue broken up by descriptions?
How did the author do that without it seeming clunky?

It's pretty exciting to have a story in your brain that you'd like to share with the world. I hope to read your writing when you publish!
Oh, while talking to my friend. He suggested I do it manga styled and maybe it could turn into an anime which I would like. Although books are more easier to make I think making my story into a manga instead will be better. The story will still be the same though. I plan on launching a kickstarter to kick start my story after I have created most of the story and have become 18. I do think my age is a limiting factor in a way that I won't be taking serious. Not a set back though, I can use this story to create more of my story.

I have my first title done, but think it could use more details. I just hope I do good because it all starts with one chance. If I do bad on my first title I think that will be a bad mark on my story. My concern is that idk. But yeah good thing I still have more time.

Return to “International Grammar”