Are Softwares helpful

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

WickedWriter42
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wickedwriter42.html

Re: Are Softwares helpful

Post by WickedWriter42 »

Although there are many options out there in terms of editing software and the idea of it is very enticing, I would suggest having a trusted friend or confidant look over your work. Reading over your own writing is helpful and there are many tricks that have been created over the years, there is nothing like getting a fresh perspective. Having a set of eyes that are not emotionally invested in the project proofread your work will surpass any editing software on the market. While it may be scary to share your work with another, it is the only way to get the best edits.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

Having used editing software before, I think it is helpful with misspelled words but not very helpful when it comes to grammar. There have been lots of times where the software just lets through a bunch of grammar mistakes. Maybe in the future they'll be more reliable but for now I would only trust another person's critique.

Return to “International Grammar”