Awkward sentence

Some grammar rules (and embarrassing mistakes!) transcend the uniqueness of different regions and style guides. This new International Grammar section by OnlineBookClub.org ultimately identifies those rules thus providing a simple, flexible rule-set, respecting the differences between regions and style guides. You can feel free to ask general questions about spelling and grammar. You can also provide example sentences for other members to proofread and inform you of any grammar mistakes.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Harsh Soni 3
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harsh-soni-3.html
Latest Review: Money Habits Grandma Taught Me by Luke Pentagon

Awkward sentence

Post by Harsh Soni 3 »

Here is the two sentences in which I am confused which was okay and which was awkwardly spelled. Can please someone suggests me which one is better than others. Here are the two sentences:

1. Furthermore, she implemented references from the Bible and Wikipedia to make the book seem authentic.

2. Furthermore, she implemented references from the Bible and Wikipedia to seem book authentic.

Thanks in advance.
Samuel Mamo
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-mamo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Samuel Mamo »

I think the first one is better. Because i don't think the preposition to can not be followed by "seem" in this context.
I think it is better to use another word than "seem".
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

The first sentence sounds beter, but I would put in 'more' instead of 'seem'. The second sentence is very awkward. 'to seem book authentic' just don't make any sense.

Return to “International Grammar”