Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Discuss the June 2015 book of the month, "The Message?" by Avam Hale.
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Re: Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

Thank you for the review, it really encouraged me to read this book. I think that it reflects today's world, religion philosophy and science all mixed together.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

nice review about the book which is nicely prosed by author and which is about story of a character Leah who meets with accident and gathers conscious slowly.As times passes recalls everything before accident and talks to god.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

Thanks for the great review. You showed me a peak of exact how powerful this book can be. I'll try reading it to see if I will get the hmm moment.
MA
Xperience
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Xperience »

:tiphat: What an insight. Never really thought there would be a balance in views on philosophy, politics, religion and economics, and then the main character out of self experience of “her message”is found in between .Thanks to the Avam Hale. And the cover is so captivating!!!
Nelsy Mtsweni
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Nelsy Mtsweni »

The book is looks to be amazing and thought-provoking. It is also densely prone to be questionable or criticized since not all people are religious or believe in God. Otherwise, I like the message of love from the book.
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This sounds like an interesting book even though I'm not sure it's for me. I'm glad that there wasn't a religious agenda in the book and that that research went into writing it. Thanks for your review.
Evangelineokoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Evangelineokoye »

This book made me realise that our actions in this world are not judged by any religious affiliation as depicted by the writer of the novel.
This book also revealed that God is the greatest healer of any kind of infirmity or disease,He can do what the most experienced doctor cannot do.
4cynthia72
Currently Reading: Word collector
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by 4cynthia72 »

From the review the book looks nice and makes one want to read and find out more. Thanks for the review.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

Good review. The Message? by Avam Hale is an intriguing tale with a special message indeed. A simple but straightforward theme intended to create a rethink in one's mind. I might read this soon.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
stedape
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stedape.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by stedape »

Today's book has an interesting premise and a simple message that intends to change lives for the better. Congrats on BOTD
ThePhoenixStorm
Currently Reading:

Post by ThePhoenixStorm »

After reading this review, I plan to pick this book up and read it over the next several days/weeks. I continue to be fascinated by writers who have the ability to discuss God and the overall goodwill that one should have based on their relationship without it being distorted by religious constructs.

Great review.
vernice0103

Post by vernice0103 »

By having both read the book and your review to it. I can say you just pointed out well the things and ideas other readers might have after reading the book. Surely, the book have this power or ability to make its readers think of their own beliefs, choices and other changes in life they have made. And as one of the million bookworms out there, I'd be lying if I'll say that Avam Hale's "The Message? A thinking thriller about change and choice" doesn't give impact on my own personal views on certain topics. Avam justified the book, and did great by giving it that kind of title. It really fits, I can't think of any other title that would best describe this awesome book. Salute you, Avam! And you too ALynn Powers!
Sammyzent
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Sammyzent »

I honestly think that this book is a very nice and readable one in the sense that as you're reading and at the same time craving to know what happens next, and I also like to believe it when anyone says that God had given him/her a message when the message is asking everyone to do the right thing, so for me this book is a go go and I give 4 out of 4 stars, and the eye on the cover will actually make me want to read the book at first sight.
eu19ge19ne
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by eu19ge19ne »

Some experiencesort in life have to pill us closer to our belief and religion. This review say it all how great the book is. :techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyingbrown:
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

While going through the sample pages, I found it interesting. I didn't like the part containing too many philosophical conversations though.

Leah Warner, the lead character in the story meets with a severe road accident. She goes to coma and was later diagnosed with traumatic brain injury. Her bones had internal fractures. She had many wounds on her face. Her sudden recovery to normal, that too, not attributed to doctors, is miraculous. Leah attributes it to god.

This book though captivating, one can't consider it for easy reading due to the intelligent and philosophical ideas. The use of many scientific words in the plot, may not be acceptable by all readers. I found the cover of this book not appealing.

This book, I believe, is apt for those who like to know something about existence of god, soul, formation of universe, philosophical theories, etc.

This is a well-written book with less grammar mistakes. I liked this book review.

Return to “"The Message?" by Avam Hale”