Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Discuss the June 2015 book of the month, "The Message?" by Avam Hale.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Re: Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by Quinto »

I like the theme of self discovery and connecting to my higher self. The message also cuts across religious, political, philosophical grounds. Thanks for the review.
Quen Quen
Currently Reading: Voyage of Pearl of the Seas
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Quen Quen »

Congratulations to the author for a very nice book. Love has its own miracle. Every little good doings that we do has a good return. GOD is with us in every ups and downs all we need is to believe and keep our faith to HIM.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

Nice review of The Message?. I am glad to see a book written about the simple message of God who loves us unconditionally and simply wants us to love each other. It should be interesting how the story may show a picture of ourselves how we complicate that simple message. I think it is funny that you had a crush on Dr. Marcus. The author must have described this character very well. I am looking forward to reading the book.
ANTHONY AWANDO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-awando.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by ANTHONY AWANDO »

The review sounds interesting. I definitely must read the book.
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

While this book is definitely entertaining, I wouldn’t exactly call it a “light read.” It will make you think about religious, political, economic, and philosophical ideas. The author is obviously well-educated and did appropriate research to discuss a variety of issues.
These ideas don’t really interest me when it comes to reading for entertainment. I don’t always go for a light read, but something like this would probably be easier for me to enjoy if it were a film.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

This was a very nice and concise review. It explained The Message? by Avam Hale well and helped us take a look at the philosophical issues in the book. Thank you. Congrats to Avam on the BOTD!
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

I am not really fond of such stories about a person meeting God, even though I am a believer, if not a religious one. However, the reviewer mentioned of the interesting characters along the way and it did make me think twice. It seems intriguing though of how the author would relate such a religious claim in certain aspects mentioned like politics and economics. Would check this out myself. The plot of the reviewer doesn't seem appealing enough and that is why I have to read it myself in order to know if I would like it or not; i'm just in for this for the characters. Thanks for the review!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
ashpres12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashpres12.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by ashpres12 »

Thank you for your review! This book sounds interesting and I will be adding it to my reading list. :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown:
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Thanks for the nice review. It is great learning that the author was able to accomplish his both purposes within the covers of this book. I also love the way Leah responds to the call to spread the message about the love of God.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
MJ321
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MJ321 »

We are so busy, at times, that we miss many signs from God. Sometimes, it's a book like this, that makes us stop and actually notice those signs. We are surrounded by God. We just need to open out hearts and let Him in. Looking forward to reading this book!
FictionLover
Favorite Book: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionlover.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by FictionLover »

It does sound interesting. I've always been intrigued by life-after-death narratives. I guess this is more off a life-after-miracle narrative. I'm going to put it on my TBR shelf.

And I really like the cover. :)
Marvelous chisom
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Marvelous chisom »

Amazing!! This is not just an ordinary book but an inspiration from God. I see it as an insight, an exposure that God really exist and is real.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Good and descriptive review though the book is really not my type. I am not a very religious person and also do not like to wonder about moral values or the various philosophical ideas regarding day to day issues. Anyway the sample reading was quite okay, regarding the writing style. I would pass by this book
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
kjs237
Currently Reading: Sleeping Beauties
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjs237.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by kjs237 »

Thank you for this very thought provoking review. I am intrigued by the simple message Leah has for the world. Basically, that God loves unconditionally and that we are to focus on loving and helping each other. I believe that if something like this actually occurred, the world of politics, religion, philosophy and science would inevitably collide and cause doubt for some, and a rise of faith for others. I will probably check this selection out as I expect it to be an interesting read.
trulyfreeclub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by trulyfreeclub »

LJian888 wrote: 27 Mar 2015, 04:01 I also was a little creeped out by the cover. But I couldn't find a better image. And when I hired some professional graphic designers to find me one they ultimately agreed that they couldn't come up with one either.

The eyes are a tunnel to the soul and this book is very much about the soul - well, not the soul, per se - but how we look at life and interpret reality.

It's not creepy. I assure you that. It's not paranormal. It's simply everyday life with the insertion of extraordinary, but not sci-fi, events. Everyday stuff - a little stretch - to make you think and be entertained.

In short, this is one book I hope you won't judge just by it's cover.

Avam Hale
Hey, Avam. The eye is really creepy, Lol! But the story you have written is quite extraordinary and, guess what, I believe on it.

When I was a child, my grandmother was declared dead for about few minutes, but after that she went back to life asking for a lot of water. She told us that while she was on her dead state, her soul was climbing a very long stair going up. That why she felt so tired.

But when so looked down, she saw herself and came back to life. Though, that story might be too hard for others to believe. I believed in her story, because I know that death is not the end, but a beginning of our true journey ahead.

Kudos to you and may God bless your book to inspire others like me!

Return to “"The Message?" by Avam Hale”