Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Discuss the June 2015 book of the month, "The Message?" by Avam Hale.
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Re: Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

The plot of this story is interesting. I actually know someone who was in a coma and woke up. I am curious if she managed to send the message and how people reacted.
Doris Mbotela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do57.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Doris Mbotela »

I thought this was a difficult subject matter but was written or handled in such a way that the story just seems to flow, making even some of us who are neither in the medical profession or in the field of philosophy to find the book interesting enough to read. Good review.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1880
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

The overall message of the book, is well conveyed to the reader, in the 'Official Review: The Message? by Avam Hale.' I liked the ending!
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tamdlyte »

I love when someone describes a hero as "subtle". I find subtle heroes very fascinating and complex and I think The Message is going to be one of those stories that makes you think far longer than the end of the book.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

The author has proved the universality of this book by not endorsing any particular religion. The concept of love is in the forefront. Truly, God does exist. It's only loving that can lift the world. Good review.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

It's interesting that before the accident, Leah didn't possess any religious affiliations. For her to go into a coma and come out not only a firm believer but one with the willpower to spread the message to others is nothing short of incredible.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

I want to read this book. It is an eye opener. The message of this book is very important. Good job.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
Rhian_dvs
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rhian_dvs »

I enjoyed the excerpt and the review. Quite right that it doesn’t fall into the ‘light read’ category but it does have that Human element in the form of Leah’s character and her relationships.
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

Sounds like a particularly worthwhile message! The modern world is overly focussed on achievement, money and possessions. I think people lose sight of the bigger picture sometimes, blinded by trying to fill their lives with objects, when love is all that really matters.
Dorothy Kiyaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Dorothy Kiyaka »

This is a very good read and quite interesting. I enjoyed this book and was able to sink into it immediately. The message is simple, Love each other as God loves us all and to stop prioritizing material things above that love.
The characters are well rounded and interesting. This is a page turner, but not because it has exciting thrills. Sometimes a simple message can be more complex than a murder mystery and this book is just that.
Nicholas Mairura
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Nicholas Mairura »

Congratulations to the author of this book. I have tried on my level best to review the book and I found it very interesting.
Main character's basic message of love and selflessness tells us alot on true characters of people.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

This sounds like a terrific book. I love the religious theme and the complex nature of the story. I’m definitely adding it to my list!
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

Certainly, this book seems like a worthwhile read. It's intriguing that the author succeeded in getting across a message of love and selflessness with an entertaining fictional story. Thanks for your interesting and smooth-flowing review.
Chanti Stargirl
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanti-stargirl.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Chanti Stargirl »

My initial reaction while reading the review was to shy away, I'm not a fan of stories with religious undertones. However, after thinking about it for a bit it sounds like a very thought provoking book and I do enjoy that. I think I'll give it at try.
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ana Njeri »

Lovely review. A woman who talks to God , that definitely sounds interesting. Imagine what it would be like if you actually talked to God?
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.

Return to “"The Message?" by Avam Hale”