Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Discuss the June 2015 book of the month, "The Message?" by Avam Hale.
jannavalencia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jannavalencia.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Re: Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by jannavalencia »

Hello! Thanks for the great review! I've read the sample from Amazon after I read your review because I got curious. :D I think the book is definitely interesting especially if one is into reading between the lines and philosophical books.
Komaen Umani
Currently Reading: Hostile Intent
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Komaen Umani »

I like Leah's uncertainty of her time with God and her disbelief in her being chosen as a messenger. In the Bible, God tends to choose the least likely, the least capable, at least in human eyes. Which shows power: sparking dry, arranged kindling to flame or lighting doused, soaking wet wood to a roaring fire?

I also like that the characters seem balanced: Sunny has a charmed start to adulthood but is humanized by losing her marriage to her husband's gambling addiction. Leah never developed the same confidence and success, but then she had a stable marriage blessed by two sons before losing her husband to cancer. It's interesting and encouraging to see the sisters bonded by these losses and to see Sunny supporting Leah by looking after the boys and supporting Leah through her trauma.

I only received the preview so far, but I can imagine the questions get deeper and more challenging following Leah's miraculous recovery.
Mwitch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4222

Post by Mwitch »

I like the format at the beginning of the book, where it jumps between describing what happens with the main character, and the doctor who is discussing philosophy with his class in a large lecture hall. It is a very interesting format and helps to set the tone of the book. I do feel like the author was trying too hard, if that makes sense. This is just my first impression though.
Cheryl12
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl12.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by Cheryl12 »

In the book " The Message?" helps the readers to do some real soul searching if you are 'only a sinner saved by grace.'

On the other hand, those who are not saved, would want to explain if the message and personal experience of Leah Warner had any effect on their life which actually led to acceptance of the truth, conversion and commitment.

Like many others who have been through 'hell and back,' Leah had a glimpse of heaven while she was in coma, from a car accident. She was able to deliver the message from God not to be caught up in temporal things on earth but to love everyone as he love us unconditionally.

Though the Medical team did a Phenomenal Job in that surgery room for Leah, all glory the belongs to Doctor God who has the power to heal and deliver.
'The Message' is a Fictional story but to many they are like 'doubtful Thomas' receiving this message.
arcie72
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arcie72.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by arcie72 »

Great review! Having read a snippet of the book it does sound intriguing and deep. I am glad that you shared how this book could be relatable to all without championing anyone particular organization/side. The medical aspects of the book was also informative. I enjoyed the authentic touches. Dr.. Marcus is pretty cool and entertaining. Again thank you and congratulations of your review.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Interesting review. The containing the versatile ideas of political, economic and religious –sounds an amazing book.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
rowab78
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by rowab78 »

bookowlie wrote: 26 Mar 2015, 17:53 I enjoyed reading your review. The book sounds fascinating. However, the eye on the cover creeps me out!
The book is fantastic and enjoying reviewing. The cover is awesome
Robertson
Georgefabul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Georgefabul »

The book was quiet interesting, what I so much like is that part that says God said we should forget about worldly possessions achievement but to love one another, that he loved us .I think the book is amazing anyway I learnt something from there
Oceanside
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oceanside.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Oceanside »

Your review of this book definitely makes me want to read it. In my daily life I think about how religion, politics, and society correlate. It would be really interesting to see someone else's take on this throughout a thought-provoking fictional story. Thanks for the great review!
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

Thanks for the review. For me the book cover doesn’t really match the story. I understand why the eye has been chosen, meaning to represent the tunnel to the soul but I don’t really think the colours and the lightening follow that idea. I think I’ll pass on this book as it’s not really something I’m interested in!
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

This is the kind of book I would love to read. A book with deep meaning. The story of Leah Warner and all the professionals introduced in the first chapter is very interesting. Thanks for the detailed review.
Carris72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carris72.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Carris72 »

From your review, the book sounds great. You got me laughing when you mentioned you had a crush on Dr. Marcus. :lol2:
Mom 0811
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mom 0811 »

This is a book that everyone can relate to in life, and very detailed.
eddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddix.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eddix »

Great review! Thank you. I am eager to experience the depth of this book through the interesting characters the author introduces. I definitely want to read this book!
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

The review was very insightful. The plot sounds truly intriguing. Even without going into arguments regarding a montheistic god or different depictions of God in different religion, a simple message of love and selflessness is sometimes too hard to embrace, particularly in today's world where we tend to become more and more self-centered. With that background, this book poses a very critical question to the readers.

Return to “"The Message?" by Avam Hale”