Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Discuss the June 2015 book of the month, "The Message?" by Avam Hale.
Phatpat
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phatpat.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by Phatpat »

I would not normally be interested in reading a book that deals with spiritual or religious ideas. However, I am interested to see how Mr Hale deals with Leah coming to believe in God without promoting religious or political ideals. The reviewer promises The Message will raise questions about religious, political, economic, and philosophical ideas and I am interested ti see how the author achieves this.
cath365
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cath365.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by cath365 »

Great review - I love reading a great thriller so this has definitely convinced me to add this on my kindle unlimited.
Thanks
cmb365😀😀
leyn_me
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by leyn_me »

It is a nice book. Readers would love because it gives importance to our Dearest Daddy God . Everybody deserves a second chance just dont loss faith in him..
Ayaoba28
Currently Reading: Trust Me, I’m a Careworker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ayaoba28 »

I wouldn't mind reading this, to satisfy my curiosity. the Supernatural does exist.
julessawyer
Currently Reading: The Lost Continent
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julessawyer.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by julessawyer »

The conflict with others that Leah faced after spreading a very simple yet profound message is quite common in an era where complexity was given a higher value (to be interpreted by people near god). What interest me is how she handles these people? thanks for the review.
melni
Favorite Book: Swept Away
Currently Reading: Higher Is Waiting
Bookshelf Size: 1275

Post by melni »

Wow, I thought this was a wonderful review! I'm looking forward to reading this book and seeing the change in the character's lives as well as what it brings to me. I'm glad you found this book thought provoking and that it covered many layers of topics. Sounds like a great read.
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

I was hoping this book wouldn't be a light read, I am glad @AlynnPowers confirms it is not.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
Ajulo Akanfe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Ajulo Akanfe »

This is a must to all, it brings and develop your thinking habit and enable you to develop yourself. I must say this to Hale "you are a gift to humanity.
PIerce32265
Currently Reading: Never Say Never - Free Preview
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by PIerce32265 »

The characters are Leah and Dr.Marcus,Thier was an tragic car accident in the mid-western and Leah and her two children,Leah was in a coma.When Leah wake up after 3 weeks she had no cuts,bruises on her body cause God heal her up so she can carried out the messages what god wanted her to do she was completed heal with no brian trauma.which that was a great experience for her and two children.God sent her back with a message for the whole world to that god loves everybody uncondionally.Dr.Marcus was Leah neurologist cause he was a man of god.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

This sounds like quite an inspirational story about a woman who heals miraculously because of her belief in God. While this does sound like an intriguing plot, I don't think it would be suitable for those who do not believe in God. I am interested in reading this book and seeing if I will also experience a "hmmm moment." Thanks for the wonderful review!
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

While this book is definitely entertaining, I wouldn’t exactly call it a “light read.” It will make you think about religious, political, economic, and philosophical ideas. The author is obviously well-educated and did appropriate research to discuss a variety of issues. However, I never felt like the book promoted any specific religious or political agenda. It was simply a very insightful, fictional story of how one woman came to believe in God from her own experience.
This sounds like an intriguing book that I could really get into. Thanks for the recommendation. :tiphat:
ReaderMaru
Currently Reading: Treasure of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readermaru.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by ReaderMaru »

It seems interesting, especially since history has already proven that people who try to spread messages of unconditional love tend to get prosecuted from all sides. The only turn off for me is the setting; Christianity in America isn't something Europeans are very keen of digging into. My enjoyment of this book would very much depend on how zealous the characters in general are.
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

When a woman miraculously wakes up from a coma, she claims that God sent her a message to tell the world about him. Not really for me, but sounds like something those who are religious would enjoy. Congrats on the book of the day! Great review.
Brendan Donaghy
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

I probably won't get around to reading this one. It sounds like a thriller with a religious message underpinning it, whereas I prefer thrillers underpinned by nothing other than thrills :)
Wanja Hannah
Currently Reading: From Liberty to Magnolia: In Search of the American Dream
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanja-hannah.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Wanja Hannah »

This book sounds like a real thrill. I like it that the author did not lean on any specific religion, this makes the book diverse and more suitable for all. I wish to read it and get to meet the Doctor. He is depicted as a great character. I also would wish to know Leah's children reactions during and after her coma. Congratulations to the BOTD.
Wanja Kenya

Return to “"The Message?" by Avam Hale”