Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Discuss the June 2015 book of the month, "The Message?" by Avam Hale.
e-reeder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-reeder.html
Latest Review: The Poison Profession by Rachel Wright

Re: Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by e-reeder »

I honestly think that this book is a very nice and readable one in the sense that as you're reading and at the same time craving to know what happens next, and I also like to believe it when anyone says that God had given him/her a message when the message is asking everyone to do the right thing.

Emmazonian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emmazonian »

I'm quite thankful to your summary of the story. It somewhat changed my mind about the book.
Because, and let me tell you here, in my world, if a woman woke up from a coma claiming that she has been in the company of god, who by the way have given her a message to spread among his creations, they would have called her a lunatic and sent her straight away to 1) The mad house for, well, being completely out of her mind. Or 2) Jail for causing strife, violating the rules of a certain religion and perhaps also disrupting public safety. BUT, if that same woman woke up from a coma with all the external cuts and bruises on her body practically healed and her internal fractures almost mended, she might cause someone like myself to go from a subconsciously made up mind onto absolutely not going anywhere near that book to reading that same book out of mere curiosity. Don't get me wrong, that certain religion is far from hateful, but some of the people who follow it are merely confusing it to be so. The story is just violating some solid rules, so I had to be honest.

rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Father Divine's Bikes by Steve Bassett

Post by rumik »

Oh wow, I love books that make me think real hard. Thanks for the review, might try this one out!

hameed King
Currently Reading: Gathered
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by hameed King »

This review made me ponder on the message of Islamic religion, now is see why it was rated 4 out of 4 and why it earned book of the month. Thanks for this great review

Return to “"The Message?" by Avam Hale”