Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Discuss the June 2015 book of the month, "The Message?" by Avam Hale.
e-reeder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-reeder.html
Latest Review: The Poison Profession by Rachel Wright

Re: Featured Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by e-reeder »

I honestly think that this book is a very nice and readable one in the sense that as you're reading and at the same time craving to know what happens next, and I also like to believe it when anyone says that God had given him/her a message when the message is asking everyone to do the right thing.
Emmazonian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emmazonian »

I'm quite thankful to your summary of the story. It somewhat changed my mind about the book.
Because, and let me tell you here, in my world, if a woman woke up from a coma claiming that she has been in the company of god, who by the way have given her a message to spread among his creations, they would have called her a lunatic and sent her straight away to 1) The mad house for, well, being completely out of her mind. Or 2) Jail for causing strife, violating the rules of a certain religion and perhaps also disrupting public safety. BUT, if that same woman woke up from a coma with all the external cuts and bruises on her body practically healed and her internal fractures almost mended, she might cause someone like myself to go from a subconsciously made up mind onto absolutely not going anywhere near that book to reading that same book out of mere curiosity. Don't get me wrong, that certain religion is far from hateful, but some of the people who follow it are merely confusing it to be so. The story is just violating some solid rules, so I had to be honest.
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

Oh wow, I love books that make me think real hard. Thanks for the review, might try this one out!
hameed King
Currently Reading: Gathered
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by hameed King »

This review made me ponder on the message of Islamic religion, now is see why it was rated 4 out of 4 and why it earned book of the month. Thanks for this great review
joenduga12
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joenduga12.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by joenduga12 »

Sound good to me to read this kind of book with deep feelings. Let say, a single preacher preached a lonely massage, motivated by her experience. Nice book to read. However, I'll skip this one since some of the ideas presents in it interfere with my faith. Thanks for the review.
Bhanu Kumar Mehta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Bhanu Kumar Mehta »

I like to witness such people who are effected by such things, even though it might be unbelievable, such event has happened with one of my late friends, I will just try to say a phrase from DARK.. "We don't know the end but the end knows us." This because she believed she was sent back for a reason but she didn't know that's what was going to happen. The story feels natural even in fiction.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. Turns out this is a religious book with Leah as God's messenger. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be interested in this book.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I love reading your review. This is the first debut novel that mostly features God that I would love to give a try. Thank you so much for the wonderful review!
Wayne Njoroge
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Dark Web Murders
Currently Reading: Bloody Redemption
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wayne-njoroge.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Wayne Njoroge »

Today's BOTD is a novel that is an intriguing fiction that is centered on Leah who has an accident that changes her life forever. Her life is shook by her experience causing her to question her beliefs. Congrats on being BOTD.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I tend to shy away from reading anything that has to do with a near-death experience, especially if the character claims to have spent time with God and have a message from Him. Even though God can do anything I am still skeptical, even with fiction.
elac
Favorite Book: The Goldfinch
Currently Reading: Kafka On The Shore
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by elac »

Reading the review, what I consider most interesting in this book is the philosophical, political and economic thinking it depicts, and provokes in reading it, in relation to a simple message.
Soukaina E 1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soukaina-e-1.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

Post by Soukaina E 1 »

I don't know if this book is mostly religious than anything else, but either way this review picked my interests. Great review !!
John Arun Kumar
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-arun-kumar.html
Latest Review: Sophistries of Summer Days by Jenny Lofters

Post by John Arun Kumar »

This debut novel is a thriller that makes the readers think. "God ... loves everyone unconditionally, and He wants everyone to set aside worldly possessions and achievement and just love each other as well." Who would think a message like this will land the protogonist or for that matter anyone into trouble! Interesting book and a good book review. Congratulations on the BOTD!
laughandread7
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laughandread7.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by laughandread7 »

While this book is not for me, I enjoyed reading this review, especially the summary and the way you described Leah and Dr.Marcus.
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Deval Sodha »

The book is an amazing thriller consisting of a captivating storyline. The plot revolves around philosophy, religion, politics, and economics. It is sure to leave the reader awestruck.
The review is great.
Congratulations on Botd 🎉

Return to “"The Message?" by Avam Hale”