- Posts: 76
- Joined: 09 Jun 2015, 09:24
- Currently Reading: Library of Souls
- Bookshelf Size: 114
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-litmonster.html
A simple, relatable story that drives the irony home. Short and to the point. I think one of the aspects I most enjoyed about this story is that the person seeking vengeance isn’t the original victim; such a story is a testament that such horrible actions affect more than just one person, and there is no accounting for all of those emotions and possibilities.
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 26 Aug 2015, 09:34
- 2017 Reading Goal: 50
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 3
- Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Bookshelf Size: 321
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfix-blog.html
- Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
- Location: Houston, Texas
Vindictive was my perfect example of what a great short story is. It had a catchy beginning, held the readers interest and ended with a bang (not literally, no spoilers revealed). I enjoyed this read. It was the most realistic out of the few so far and in such a short story it created a relationship between the characters and the reader, which made you relate to what they were feeling and why they were reacting that way.
- Posts: 485
- Joined: 07 May 2014, 21:57
- Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
- Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
- Currently Reading: Crown of souls
- Bookshelf Size: 51
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
- Latest Review: The Last Baronet by Caroline Akrill
- fav_author_id: 6216
I thought it was very readable and unique. Definitely different from what I usually read.
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 25 Jun 2017, 05:07
- 2017 Reading Goal: 60
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 85
- Bookshelf Size: 66
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
- Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
I found this story quite unique. There are very less people who seek revenge on behalf of the victim. It is very uncommon.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!