Coffee Chat ;)

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
sleepydumpling
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sleepydumpling »

Ooh, a coffee would be lovely right now, it's cold tonight. Though a hot chocolate would be a wiser idea.
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

Wordsgood

Post by Wordsgood »

Can't stand the flavour of coffee myself, but love certain teas, like Chai and Earl Grey. Can I stay in the coffee shop here anyway?
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

All beverages are welcome here! Throw in some cake, biscuits (cookies to you in the Americas) and other snacks of choice!

(I'm a cheese lover myself)
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

Tracey Neal
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Favorite Book: The Hundred Dresses
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by Tracey Neal »

sleepydumpling wrote:All beverages are welcome here! Throw in some cake, biscuits (cookies to you in the Americas) and other snacks of choice!

(I'm a cheese lover myself)
Umm..yummy! :P
urasay

Post by urasay »

this thread could use a caffeine boost. or chai, i am an a tea addict. get cranky without it. do i have company?
Bowlie

Post by Bowlie »

Oooo...I like chai! One of my friends from India made it for me when I was in college. It was so yummy!

Mostly, I prefer herbal teas or green teas. I have found a couple coffees that I really like too--HEB Texas Pecan coffee (yup, it's store brand coffee but so good), and Seattle's Best Decaffeinated coffee.
urasay

Post by urasay »

well Bowlie, if our paths ever cross i will sure make you a pot of chai.

i like my coffee with cardamom and cinamon. it is made in some part of the world, i dunno where. turkey i guess. i once had six shots of coffee on a bet, i wish i had lost that one. anyone tried shots yet?
poomlie

Post by poomlie »

I have heard of shots, I would never, ever do them. I manage a cup of coffee every few days but I prefer tea, coffee can make me nervous. I have had friends and relatives who drink coffee all day long up until the time they go to bed. This fascinates me because I wouldn't sleep for a very long time if I did that, and they go right to sleep!!! How do they do that?
awelker

Post by awelker »

I really want hot chocolate at the moment. Its snowy and cold here in Michigan.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
urasay

Post by urasay »

you are doing a smart thing by not wanting to do it Poomlie, i was jumpy for hours together and i could not sleep at all and i think i smelled like coffee for a day.
people regularly drink a lot of coffee or tea and i guess it just stops working as a stimulant. their threshold is higher. i usually limit myself to two cups of tea per day, anything more and i have trouble sleeping. helps me a lot when i have a lot of studying or driving to do.

hot chocolate so makes me homesick. my parents live on a farm so i get fresh milk every day. and to think that i have my exams between 17th and 2nd. groan! i need something stronger than coffee now.
awelker

Post by awelker »

urasay wrote:groan! i need something stronger than coffee now.
would a shot of whiskey work?? :D
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
poomlie

Post by poomlie »

urasay wrote:hot chocolate so makes me homesick. my parents live on a farm so i get fresh milk every day. and to think that i have my exams between 17th and 2nd. groan! i need something stronger than coffee now.
How far do your parents live from you? Do you see them often? I am just curious. I wish you well on your exams, such a stressfull time. You seem very smart so I am sure you will do well. Good luck!
urasay

Post by urasay »

poomlie wrote:
urasay wrote:hot chocolate so makes me homesick. my parents live on a farm so i get fresh milk every day. and to think that i have my exams between 17th and 2nd. groan! i need something stronger than coffee now.
How far do your parents live from you? Do you see them often? I am just curious. I wish you well on your exams, such a stressfull time. You seem very smart so I am sure you will do well. Good luck!
thanks Poomlie. i 'seem' to be smart but i am quite an academic failure, just hoping to get through. my parents stay 120 kilometers away, takes three hours to get there. i see them roughly once a month. we dont really celebrate christmas (hindus) but that is when the whole family is together and there is this festive air everywhere.
awelker wrote: would a shot of whiskey work?? :D
like a charm :)
rishabhsachan

Post by rishabhsachan »

what u like most while reading books...........?
tea or coffee
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

rishabhsachan wrote:what u like most while reading books...........?
tea or coffee
My preference is a nice big glass of red wine :lol: :lol:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”