Offtopic: What has been your greatest life dilemma?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Eteru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eteru.html
Latest Review: Otherside by Aaron Dennis

Offtopic: What has been your greatest life dilemma?

Post by Eteru »

I've never been certain of my wants in life, specifically a profession that would keep me in the long run. I've never been certain of my passion and it feels like I'm already been left behind by those people surrounding me. Currently, I'm still on the process of self-evaluation and weighing things out. I just hope that my progress won't take too long to improve. How about you, what has been your greatest life dilemma?
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

I made smart choices when I was young and now that I am retired I have the ability to have or to do anything I want. I accomplished all of the goals I set for myself when I was young to a level of reasonable satisfaction. My dilemma is that now I HAVE no wants, desires, or goals. We spend a lifetime on the merry-go-round of life reaching for the golden ring and when we finally get it we learn that it only provides us with another ride on the carousel. I know people who are scrambling like mad to achieve their hopes and desires. They look upon me with envy because I don't have to, I look upon them with envy because they do.

With age comes glimmerings of wisdom and one of the things I have learned is that the golden ring is not the prize, the real prize is simply enjoying the ride.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Eteru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eteru.html
Latest Review: Otherside by Aaron Dennis

Post by Eteru »

DATo wrote: 19 Nov 2018, 21:26 I made smart choices when I was young and now that I am retired I have the ability to have or to do anything I want. I accomplished all of the goals I set for myself when I was young to a level of reasonable satisfaction. My dilemma is that now I HAVE no wants, desires, or goals. We spend a lifetime on the merry-go-round of life reaching for the golden ring and when we finally get it we learn that it only provides us with another ride on the carousel. I know people who are scrambling like mad to achieve their hopes and desires. They look upon me with envy because I don't have to, I look upon them with envy because they do.

With age comes glimmerings of wisdom and one of the things I have learned is that the golden ring is not the prize, the real prize is simply enjoying the ride.
This is wonderful! I can't thank you enough for your wisdom, you were truly an eye-opener.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

[/quote]

This.

I have some pretty ambitious hopes and dreams, but yeah, the process of working towards them is what truly counts.

Do you really have no bucket list? If you have already completed one, can't you write a new one? (Just curious!)
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Eteru wrote: 17 Nov 2018, 22:08 How about you, what has been your greatest life dilemma?
I've been in the situation a few times that I've been offered two (or three) jobs simultaneously. (Yes, I'm so wonderful that I'm that much in demand! :lol: ) I always hate turning something down, but sometimes it's inevitable.
I'm getting more into regrets now when I consider that there's a particular relationship I wish I'd got out of a lot sooner than I did, and a situation I could have got out of but somehow didn't. I was starting to think about how I am stuck in that situation now, yet perhaps there is a way. I'm confused and need to take this dilemma seriously!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Ebby rae
Currently Reading: E-M-P Honeymoon
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Ebby rae »

It’s the absolute worst, being in a relationship where you have to choke yourself to make your partner survive even when their being so selfish to you and because of how long you have come you do not want to put anyone in an awkward situation. That is what I am facing right now. I just can’t bare 😰

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”