How to be sucessful?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
daydreaming reader
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daydreaming-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Re: How to be sucessful?

Post by daydreaming reader »

I have not read the entire book, but I think everyone has something to teach you, if you are open the lesson.

I think there is some merit to associating with successful people, because they tend to have a contagious energy and can drive a person to do things. However, I think there is a need to really define what a 'successful person' is and to identify who are the genuine ones.

Also, considering that success is subjective, perhaps the alternative to successful people isn't unsuccessful people, but refers to toxic people. By toxic people, I mean those who would rather insult or bully instead of help or support. Perhaps these are the types of people to avoid in order to be successful.
"Without chaos, there can be no order"
- Heath D. Alberts
"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star."
Friedrich Nietzsche
charmperit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charmperit.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by charmperit »

You can be successful with the help of other successful people because they can help with the resources and connections you would need. But it is not the only way. Hard work, perseverance, and skills are the keys to success.
charmperit
Currently Reading:

Post by charmperit »

Bronie wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 18:04 Success would start internally , then your emotional intelligence will influence your external presence . I feel that success is different to each person.
True, success is subjective. It's just that in our society success has been equated to wealth. But there are still many people who believe that success is more than just wealth.
charmperit
Currently Reading:

Post by charmperit »

gen_g wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 10:50 I have yet to read the book, but I believe that success comes with a combination of hard work, networking (especially in this age of globalisation), as well as a dose of luck.
I wonder how may people there are who have hard work and networking and yet never have the luck to be successful.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

We live in a world of frequencies. There are higher ones that deal exclusively in love and the lower ones that deal with "me". It is all about the energy we have and project upon the world. The energy is the frequency. Am I explaining this so you understand it? If you google Lynne McTaggart she explains it in more detail. Thanks for the question.
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

"How to be successful?"

For a contest held in Brown Book Magazine in 1904 by George Livingston Richards Co. of Boston, Massachusetts Mrs. Stanley submitted the following. The competition was to answer the question "What is success?" in 100 words or less. Mrs. Stanley won the first prize of $250.

"He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who has enjoyed the trust of pure women, the respect of intelligent men and the love of little children; who has filled his niche and accomplished his task; who has left the world better than he found it, whether by an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul; who has never lacked appreciation of Earth's beauty or failed to express it; who has always looked for the best in others and given them the best he had; whose life was an inspiration; whose memory a benediction."
-Betty Anderson Stanley

Bessie Anderson Stanley died in 1952, aged 73. The verse is now inscribed on her gravestone in Lincoln Cemetery, Kansas ... AND .... in Bartlett's Familiar Quotations.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Inkroverts
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inkroverts.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Inkroverts »

In order to be successful, we have to first define what success is. Many people have no idea what they want and they just follow what society expects them to do.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”