Does anyone here go to a gym or exercise regularly?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Does anyone here go to a gym or exercise regularly?

Post by DATo »

I usually go to the gym every morning, and on days that I don't I go to the park and walk a 3 1/2 mile course for exercise. I just began this program in March and have since lost 25 pounds and gained some fairly well defied musculature. I want to lose a little more weight before I do any jogging or running. It had been about 15 years since I was last in a gym. I am enjoying it immensely and seeing the progress though I must admit the first few weeks were rather rough going with aching muscles and shortness of breath.

Does anyone else belong to a gym or have an exercise regimen they'd like to discuss? I look forward to any tips or suggestions regarding dieting (I am currently on a high protein diet), exercises, or anything else related to the subject. Maybe others would benefit from the discussion as well.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Facennagoss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-facennagoss.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by Facennagoss »

I love exercise but hate the gym! Coastal walks are my favourite and living in North Devon, I am certainly spoilt for choice! I love taking a book and stopping half way round to read a couple of chapters with the sound of the waves crashing over the rocks in the background.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

Facennagoss wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 12:55 I love exercise but hate the gym! Coastal walks are my favourite and living in North Devon, I am certainly spoilt for choice! I love taking a book and stopping half way round to read a couple of chapters with the sound of the waves crashing over the rocks in the background.
I envy you. I wish I lived near an ocean. I live in the middle of the U.S.A. - not an ocean in sight. I love all things British. I'd really like to see Devon some day.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Facennagoss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-facennagoss.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by Facennagoss »

If you do, I highly recommend the north. The south is beautiful but the north is rugged and quieter.
Daniel Muky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-muky.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Daniel Muky »

I don't go to the gym but I excercise daily; jumprope for about an hour and do body weight exercises for another...I was a very skin and weak guy and I pride myself on everything I have achieved in the past 2 years...I also do fight
TerrifiedTaylor
Currently Reading: Corrigendum
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terrifiedtaylor.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by TerrifiedTaylor »

I used to, but have been slacking.

I don't have a gym membership now, but do have some weights.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”