Do you drink?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
complimentarymatters
Bookshelf Size: 0

Do you drink?

Post by complimentarymatters »

Do you drink alcohol at all? If so, how much? I drink, but I usually only drink socially. I probably only drink one or two nights a week max, and sometimes none. If you drink, do you ever think about quitting? I don't want to be an alcoholic when I'm older, but drinking now doesn't seem to harm me.
awelker

Post by awelker »

I only drink once in a while. And when I do I don't get completly pissed. I just drink one or two. I have this underlying fear of becoming an alchoholic like my dad. I doesn't bother me that I don't have to drink to have fun.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
Dori

Post by Dori »

If sips from my dad's beer count, then yes :wink: .

Probably due to my age, I have never had a drink (apart from what I mentioned above). From what I've tasted, soda tastes much better than beer. :D
"Fine words will butter no parsnips."
Linda

Post by Linda »

I only drink at parties or if my friends are just having people over, never alone or anything. It just so happens me and my friends like to have parties alot lol
maximum i drink every week like three maybe four nights a week, but if my friends parents or mine are out of town we drink everynight for however long they're away.
i guess im not even considering quitting as of now...im not even old enough to drink legally. If it became a problem i'd like to say I'd get help...but there's no way of knowing what i'd do if i was faced with that problem.
"I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it
I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without me"
AstonWest

Post by AstonWest »

I let my characters do all the drinking for me... :wink:
lovesbooks06

Post by lovesbooks06 »

I mainly drink have a couple of drinks at Christmas and New Year and My brithday.

This friday is my work night out so i will be haveing a few drinks there.
babypinkcandygirl

Post by babypinkcandygirl »

er..hic...maybe... actually yes, anything and everything :D although i rarely get inebriated anymore lol. as im getting older im discovering the joys of wine (this way you can seem poncey and intelligent whilst getting rat arsed at the same time...hic)
what's your top ten...?
knightss

Post by knightss »

i work at a liquor store.. so i'm required to drink a minimum of once a week when we do tastings.. (liquor tastings are always fun).
i do drink a decent amount, i'm not concerned much about the health risks as of now. i'm 21, i enjoy drinking.. it's rare that i will drink to get wasted, but i do enjoy getting buzzed. i usually drink 1-4 nights a week, 1-5 drinks. (of course this can vary, some weeks/months i wont drink at all, it's just if i'm in the mood)
of course, my growing beer belly probably doesn't agree with it.
Last edited by knightss on 03 Dec 2007, 06:52, edited 1 time in total.
"Words can be like x-rays, if you use them properly - they'll go through anything. You read and you're pierced." - Huxely
babypinkcandygirl

Post by babypinkcandygirl »

required drinking...what a fabulous concept!
what's your top ten...?
Tracey Neal
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Favorite Book: The Hundred Dresses
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by Tracey Neal »

like a fish
KaeMartyndale

Post by KaeMartyndale »

I'm getting old, so I'm starting to drink less like a student and more like my parents. Which is kinda sad actually, because I'm only 23. haha...

Hm... I think that the last time I was drunk was at my friend's christmas party, which was months ago. Now when I go "drinking" (which doesn't happen very often) its either at a friend's house or at a pub, and I have a couple of drinks. I'd say probably a maximum of two or three drinks because I'm a lightweight.

However, I have recently taken to having a drink (usually wine) here or there, whenever the hell I want. haha... So when I go out for dinner, or feel like hanging out at home with a glass of wine, I totally do it. And its usually only one glass, often in the late evening. I'd probably say a bottle of wine lasts me like two weeks (which is sad, I know)
Tracey Neal

Post by Tracey Neal »

KaeMartyndale wrote:I'm getting old, so I'm starting to drink less like a student and more like my parents. Which is kinda sad actually, because I'm only 23. haha...

Hm... I think that the last time I was drunk was at my friend's christmas party, which was months ago. Now when I go "drinking" (which doesn't happen very often) its either at a friend's house or at a pub, and I have a couple of drinks. I'd say probably a maximum of two or three drinks because I'm a lightweight.

However, I have recently taken to having a drink (usually wine) here or there, whenever the hell I want. haha... So when I go out for dinner, or feel like hanging out at home with a glass of wine, I totally do it. And its usually only one glass, often in the late evening. I'd probably say a bottle of wine lasts me like two weeks (which is sad, I know)
:lol: I thought you were a little older till you stated your age :) I love my wine, I'm weird to because I loovveee drinking alone, don't get me wrong I love to socialize and have drinks with others, but in the quiet of the night I like to sit have a few glasses of wine, think..write. Bottle of wine lasts me about 4 days.
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

In my misspent youth, I could out drink anyone I know. And still be standing, and STILL remember everything the next day. I was a wild party girl.

But alas, age has caught up with me. Now I only have a glass of wine or two with a meal most of the time. I do enjoy a vodka lime and soda occasionally (especially if the weather is hot) and I have been known to indulge in a cocktail or two with the girls.

I can't handle hangovers any more. I used to be able to just rock a hangover, but nowdays I just cry and wish I was dead.
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

Tracey Neal

Post by Tracey Neal »

sleepydumpling wrote:In my misspent youth, I could out drink anyone I know. And still be standing, and STILL remember everything the next day. I was a wild party girl.

But alas, age has caught up with me. Now I only have a glass of wine or two with a meal most of the time. I do enjoy a vodka lime and soda occasionally (especially if the weather is hot) and I have been known to indulge in a cocktail or two with the girls.

I can't handle hangovers any more. I used to be able to just rock a hangover, but nowdays I just cry and wish I was dead.
You and I would have made ideal drinking buddies, I could drink em all under the table, I use to drink like a pirate :wink: I don't care for hangover's either. Vodka :) she is a grand drink isn't she though...vodka and oj..that with a few beers..breakfast of champions :wink: of course my liver is committed to wine :D I like my beer too, gee I just realized you guys are going to think I'm a lush..and you know what.... you're right!!! :lol: just play'in :wink:
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I do drink. I'll have a beer or two when I'm hanging around the house, usually either by myself or with my brother-in-law. I also drink for the purpose of getting tipsy when I go out with my friends, but I don't do that too often.

A few times in my life I got wasted, but I don't do that anymore. My goal is to have fun without forgetting anything and without having a bad hang-over.

Only a few times--and not in the last year--did I ever drink so much that I did not remember the whole night. And that really screwed with my mind the next day. :lol: I woke up and I didn't know that I had forgot events from the prior night. Then, later in the day, I was talking to my friends about the night before, and they mentioned things that wouldn't be important except that I did not remember them happening at all. My head might explode if something that confusing ever happened to me again.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”