What do you do outside of OBC?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
The Canadian Witch
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1329">Blue Haven</a>
Currently Reading: Out of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 322

Re: What do you do outside of OBC?

Post by The Canadian Witch »

I physically cannot work a 8 hrs/day job, not even a 4hrs/day job if i have to be on my feet, so right now i'm not working except when i do replacement for the job i had before when they need someone, but outside of OBC i do write books reviews, book spotlights, author's interviews, i also proofread for some authors, translate english-to-french. Besides that, i take care of my cat, take pictures, watch tv shows, listen to music and smoke cannabis for my chronic pain, anxiety and insomnia (note this is legal in Canada where i'm from, not writing anything illegal here).
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

Sorry about your health problems, @The Canadian Witch. Cannabis should be legal everywhere as it is less harmful than alcohol or nicotine (btw I drink but don't smoke). Anyway, back to what I do when not here - I work at a local information hub and radio station. Obviously I read profusely, and also write and translate (in my case to/from German though I can get by in French). I also am the devoted slave of my pussycat, love walking on the beach, am politically aware (passionate Remainer still hoping that there will be a second chance to end this madness), and on a lighter note, play chess and love crosswords and scrabble.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I provide supplementary reading tutoring via Lindamood-Bell to kids during the summer and during the school year I've been recently involved in their accredited school program, which is fairly new. So I technically work as a teacher, but it's very different since it's mainly a one-on-one instruction.

Outside of that, I'm pretty involved in an online text based RPG which I find quite fun and do in my free time.
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

I am a youth leader at my church. I created a newsletter for our youth ministry because I love to write.

That is the beauty in books and writing. You can connect with others with that simple commonality.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Well I am collage student majoring in Human Resources but I would prefer to spend time doing this instead! I was also a Ex-HR trainee
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

melissy370 wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 14:54 I am a youth leader at my church. I created a newsletter for our youth ministry because I love to write.

That is the beauty in books and writing. You can connect with others with that simple commonality.
Niceeeeee! That's really great!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Arrigo_Lupori
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrigo-lupori.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by Arrigo_Lupori »

I am a Computer Engineering Student in Florence, Italy. I spend most of my free time reading and writing. I also like to play videogames once in a while, but not often, I do not have time for that. I enjoy electronic music quite a lot, or anything that has a beat to it (funk!). I also love to learn foreign languages, but I took a break from it since I have to learn a ton of Mathematics right now. I lived and worked abroad for 3 years after graduating and I came back to Italy to resume studying.
"The abstract sensation of living a lifestyle that hasn't been fully understood."
- The epitome of taste in living disgrace.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

CommMayo wrote: 22 Nov 2017, 09:58 I work for my County's Fire Department. I create custom maps that our 38 fire companies use in the stations and the field to get to emergencies. I use my mapping/modeling software to help the Department Chiefs make decisions on where to put new stations and extra ambulances/fire engines based on emergency call volume and historic response times. I also create and maintain a lot of the information that goes into making our 911 system work to guide paramedics and firefighters to the site of emergencies. In my spare time, I manage and do the books for my husband's custom mountain bike and marine fabrication business.
Omg, forgive me, this might sound odd, but all this time I thought you were a male! :shock: Silly me :doh:
I'm not really sure why I thought so but thank goodness for this thread! :D
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

I'm an ex-broadcaster, banker and classroom teacher. Right now, I'm a subject teacher, teaching Phonetics and Elocution in different schools. I also try to find time to run my blog and Facebook page. I sometimes watch TV series when I need a break. But most times, I resort to binge reading (and never really conclude any :roll: )
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

Vickie Noel wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 16:32
CommMayo wrote: 22 Nov 2017, 09:58 I work for my County's Fire Department. I create custom maps that our 38 fire companies use in the stations and the field to get to emergencies. I use my mapping/modeling software to help the Department Chiefs make decisions on where to put new stations and extra ambulances/fire engines based on emergency call volume and historic response times. I also create and maintain a lot of the information that goes into making our 911 system work to guide paramedics and firefighters to the site of emergencies. In my spare time, I manage and do the books for my husband's custom mountain bike and marine fabrication business.
Omg, forgive me, this might sound odd, but all this time I thought you were a male! :shock: Silly me :doh:
Don't worry, you aren't the first to think I was a man on this site. I guess it is my avatar...but it literally says that I hide chickens from my husband!
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

CommMayo wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 17:02
Vickie Noel wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 16:32
Don't worry, you aren't the first to think I was a man on this site. I guess it is my avatar...but it literally says that I hide chickens from my husband!
Exactly! I've read it countless times trying to figure it out, I guess I just thought it was figurative or something. Sheesh :oops2:
Cate winslet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Cate winslet »

mmmmh I'm a nursing mum... apart from this I get busy taking care of her, full time job and loving is.
read2u
Currently Reading: Unveil your Intimate Self
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-read2u.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by read2u »

I am self employed making and selling handmade soaps, lip balm, body balm, etc.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

I am in employed. So I'm home most of the time with noting better to do so I came across this site and am now happy as pig in mud! Does anyone know of more on-line paid opportunities which extend to africa?
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Cheyenne Perkins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheyenne-perkins.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Cheyenne Perkins »

I graduated from SRU in December with a BA in Literary, Cultural, and Film Analysis with a minor in Film and Media Studies. I am starting my masters in August at Point Park University. I work full-time as a Security guard at a hospital. I also do some other freelance work.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”