How often do you believe Children?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Debbyemi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debbyemi.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

How often do you believe Children?

Post by Debbyemi »

Almost every body in the group found it difficult to believe and trust Sarah's experience when she disappeared for days. I began to imagine that don't we also fall into that trap when children are relating life experiences with us. Don't our lack of believe make it difficult for them to confide in us. It later turned out they believed her, but the initial distrust made it difficult for her to open up. Let me know your thought about that.
prenaramesh
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prenaramesh.html
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose

Post by prenaramesh »

Children do say some incredible things sometimes, so they are hard to believe. I think it's because they have such pure creativity and imagination. I have nieces and nephews who come up with elaborate games (not just 'hide and seek' :) ) and some also have fantastic backstories for their dolls - they truly astonish me.
I always pretend to believe kids even if I am skeptical most of the time.

I really did expect Myra to believe Sarah's story because she did believe her about seeing the short face bear.
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

I believe in children because there is always some reality mixed with their imagination. It may be disproportionate but it is often true.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”