Do you Believe in the Spiritual World?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Do you Believe in the Spiritual World?

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

With what Sarah (and the rest of the party) went thru, do you believe that there's more out there? More than the material and our strivings...
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Clydevazquez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Clydevazquez »

No. I don't believe in spiritual world. I do believe in God, in miracles and even in the existence of a soul and an afterlife. I don’t think those things are supernatural. Those are all part of the nature, as created by God and therefore must follow the rules dictated by Him.
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

I believe there is far more than can be understood with ears and eyes and the intellect, and that all the religions have great truths. I was brought up Christian and still have an attachment to the Christian celebrations such as Christmas and Easter, but am not at all drawn to fundamentalism.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Lincolnshirelass wrote:I believe there is far more than can be understood with ears and eyes and the intellect, and that all the religions have great truths. I was brought up Christian and still have an attachment to the Christian celebrations such as Christmas and Easter, but am not at all drawn to fundamentalism.

I was raised as a religious Christian but I had reverted to Islam 4 years ago. Believing in spiritual world is common in both religion. In fact, we were taught to strive hard to do good and aim for heaven.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Most definitely.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
JordanKSmith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordanksmith.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JordanKSmith »

I hope that there is. I've had some interesting moments in my life that have inspired some serious fascination within me. My most promising proof is from a few dreams that I have had. One of them was REALLY interesting.

(This gets gruesome, so don't read this if that will bother you)
I once had a dream that I was locked in the basement of a new building that looked like it was from the late 1800s or the early 1900s. I was strapped to a table. Someone was taking out my organs while I was alive. He carefully disconnected my bones too. I noted within the dream that he was skilled with the scalpel, that he was a doctor, and that he had done this many times before. They are weird things to note, but my dreaming brain noted that stuff. The room had dim lighting, but an unnatural shadow covered his face. The dream felt real to me

Later, I was pretty curious about the dream, so I did a Google search using the details in my dream journal; basement, 1800s, doctor, serial killer, and skilled with a scalpel. Every detail matched the murders by a guy called H.H. Holmes. It turned out that he would clean up the skeletons and sell them to colleges.

I always avoided murder shows and books as a kid. However, the logical part of my brain still believes that this is a regurgitation of something that I had seen. The hopeful side takes this as proof that life continues after death.

Anyways, after that, I got pretty interested in reincarnation stuff. I'm not convinced that reincarnation is true, but that dream was trippy. I've had other interesting experiences too, but this reply is long enough.
If it looks bad, you've zoomed in too far.

Unconditional love is impossible until you can look at yourself without judgment.
(9 of 175 Books by 12/1/19)

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”