Earning the Label of Fatherhood

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Earning the Label of Fatherhood

Post by KlareAllison »

When The Woman Abused Was You by Dawn Scott Damon

One of the key elements which defines a father is his protection role. By violating his daughter, young and vulnerable, the father character depicted in When The Woman Abused Was You, has failed to perform a crucial role which is attached to his status as a father. Does he still qualify as a father? Should the status of a "father" still be extended to him?

I think the label of Fatherhood should be well-earned and not just conferred on by biological ties.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Preciosonic
Currently Reading: Before I Wake
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Preciosonic »

I concur, my dad is late,since 2005,when I was six, I have blurry memories of him,presently for 6 years I have been living with my dad's elder brother who has children of his own, I call him my dad, not for calling sake but because he is worth it, he earned it,he had taken care of my siblings and I as his own,so I concur with your thought that the label of a father is not through biological ties
Better is not good enough but the best is yet to come. Let Love Lead.
By Prophet T.B.Joshua
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html

Post by KlareAllison »

Preciosonic wrote:I concur, my dad is late,since 2005,when I was six, I have blurry memories of him,presently for 6 years I have been living with my dad's elder brother who has children of his own, I call him my dad, not for calling sake but because he is worth it, he earned it,he had taken care of my siblings and I as his own,so I concur with your thought that the label of a father is not through biological ties
Thanks, Preciosonic, for your contribution. Yes, the status of fatherhood is attached to roles. So good to know your uncle effectively functions in the role performance of a father to you and your siblings.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Preciosonic
Currently Reading: Before I Wake
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Preciosonic »

I am blessed to have him.

The pleasure is all mine, KlareAllison
Better is not good enough but the best is yet to come. Let Love Lead.
By Prophet T.B.Joshua

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”