Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Off-Topic » Community & Off-Topic

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Anime Anyone?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.

Anime Anyone?

Post Number:#1 by Angela Stripes
» 12 Sep 2017, 19:19

Hey all! Just wanted to guess that I'm not the only anime fan on the forums.

Right now Durarara, and Sword Art Online are my top 2. I'm on the first episode of Bleach, and looking forward to getting into it. Fate Stay Night-- Unlimited Blade Works was good too, though there was a lot of repetition which slowed the story down.

Thoughts?
Angela Stripes's Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Angela Stripes

Favorite Book: The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf
Currently Reading: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
Bookshelf Size: 32 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Anime Anyone?

Post Number:#2 by Alicnim
» 12 Sep 2017, 19:39

Naruto Shippuden is by far my all time favorite. Am still sad it ended. Bleach is my 2nd best, also ended :cry2: since these two, I can't find myself following any other.
Alicnim's Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
Alicnim

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#3 by cnrd6812
» 12 Sep 2017, 23:53

I've been an anime fan for many years myself. Among my favorites, I would list Mirai Nikki (mostly because of Yuno), Madoka Magica, Hellsing, Konosuba, and Paranoia Agent, though that's by no means comprehensive. I'm currently watching My Hero Academia and rewatching Jigoku Shoujo as prep for season four. I don't typically get into the more mainstream shounen stuff, though SAO was pretty cool.
cnrd6812's Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
cnrd6812

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#4 by Angela Stripes
» 13 Sep 2017, 12:56

Alicnim wrote:Naruto Shippuden is by far my all time favorite. Am still sad it ended. Bleach is my 2nd best, also ended :cry2: since these two, I can't find myself following any other.

They're definitely unique! My friend, who is also a big fan of the two you mentioned, also enjoys Dragon Ball Z. Though I've never had an interest in it, you might enjoy it?

cnrd6812 wrote:I've been an anime fan for many years myself. Among my favorites, I would list Mirai Nikki (mostly because of Yuno), Madoka Magica, Hellsing, Konosuba, and Paranoia Agent, though that's by no means comprehensive. I'm currently watching My Hero Academia and rewatching Jigoku Shoujo as prep for season four. I don't typically get into the more mainstream shounen stuff, though SAO was pretty cool.

I've heard of Mirai Nikki! But I haven't seen any of those. Just goes to show how vast anime is!

Have you guys seen Your Name? I know it got a lot of hype, but I really enjoyed it.
Angela Stripes's Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Angela Stripes

Favorite Book: The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf
Currently Reading: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
Bookshelf Size: 32 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#5 by Alicnim
» 13 Sep 2017, 14:01

I've also tried Onepiece. Besides these 3, I've not checked out the rest. My husband has been seeing Claymore and Kenichi lately. I'll try these next.

-- 13 Sep 2017, 14:03 --

I've never liked Dragon Ball z, I got bored with the plot.
Alicnim's Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
Alicnim

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#6 by cnrd6812
» 13 Sep 2017, 14:40

Kimi no Na wa (because subs over dubs) was awesome, and probably one of the better approaches to the genderswapping/shared body theme. Out of the classic anime, probably only Hellsing and Cowboy Bebop are must watch for newcomers, though PA was done by the guy who made Paprika and Tokyo Godfathers, both of which are awesome films. MM and KS are fairly new still. Also I remember Claymore being pretty good, almost along the lines of a gender-reversed Berserk, though like Berserk it badly needed a continuation.
cnrd6812's Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
cnrd6812

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#7 by DeboraSilva
» 13 Sep 2017, 15:50

I like the classics, like Naruto and bleach (I did try one piece but the art was kind of hard for me), but I have a pretty wide range of tastes. Pandora Hearts was kind of cool, though the manga is better, Noragami is entertaining. I'm currently watching the new season of Shingeki no Kyojin and Hamatora are next in line.
DeboraSilva's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
DeboraSilva

Currently Reading: The Ask and the Answer
Bookshelf Size: 19 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 25 Books
Goal Completion: 60%