Which continent would you have preferred to be born on?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Which continent would you have preferred to be born on?

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

I honestly can't decide. Africa is great and all, but sometimes, ah!!
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
AliceofX
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 361
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliceofx.html
Latest Review: The Demon of Decay by Alex C. Gates
Reading Device: B00ICPVSYC

Post by AliceofX »

I like Europe, but sometimes I wish I would have been born in a better part of it.
geoffrey ngoima

AliceofX wrote:I like Europe, but sometimes I wish I would have been born in a better part of it.
Which parts of Europe are better than the others :?:
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
AliceofX
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 361
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliceofx.html
Latest Review: The Demon of Decay by Alex C. Gates
Reading Device: B00ICPVSYC

Post by AliceofX »

The ones that aren't post-soviet second world demographic and economic holes in the ground. I know I'm exaggerating a bit, but still.
geoffrey ngoima

AliceofX wrote:The ones that aren't post-soviet second world demographic and economic holes in the ground. I know I'm exaggerating a bit, but still.
Haha, I am afraid you're not exaggerating at all, there are places in Europe I'd like not to set foot on. And don't get me started on reasons why
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

I'm Asian, and I would not choose any other to prefer over it. Every continent has its own unique characteristics that everyone should be proud of.
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
geoffrey ngoima

GPM wrote:I'm Asian, and I would not choose any other to prefer over it. Every continent has its own unique characteristics that everyone should be proud of.
That's true...but!
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I wouldn't have minded if I was born in Africa or Asia.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
geoffrey ngoima

Amagine wrote:I wouldn't have minded if I was born in Africa or Asia.
Really? You're American, right?
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

I'm proud that i was born in Asia. And, always will be.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
geoffrey ngoima

readandsmile wrote:I'm proud that i was born in Asia. And, always will be.
Me too! .. proud I was born in Africa, can't specify the proud part but yeah!
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

I'm from America, and I love where I was born and how I grew up, mostly, but I am in love with Europe and hope someday I can live there for a bit. That being said, I do want to return to America and live out my retirement days there. :D
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
geoffrey ngoima

Ljessup wrote:I'm from America, and I love where I was born and how I grew up, mostly, but I am in love with Europe and hope someday I can live there for a bit. That being said, I do want to return to America and live out my retirement days there. :D
I can understand the appeal of Europe:
The wonderful infrastructures and monuments and rich artistic culture in France, Italy, England...
What I'd like to see most is the Eiffel Tower, .....the Colosseum,...
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

I wish I was Japanese, especially rural Japan. I love their manga comics, bonsai gardens, Shintoism principles and I visited Sapporo this one time 8 years ago...damn! Then there's the sake, and their extensive mushroom and fish dishes. Great place.
geoffrey ngoima

juliusotinyo wrote:I wish I was Japanese, especially rural Japan. I love their manga comics, bonsai gardens, Shintoism principles and I visited Sapporo this one time 8 years ago...damn! Then there's the sake, and their extensive mushroom and fish dishes. Great place.
yeah, Julius, I have a feeling you'd fit right in there, somehow the heavens made a mistake with assigning u to 254, haha.
I was talking to a lady yesterday in the topic about Africa's culture, telling her of the rich Asian culture, I totally feel u

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”