Which continent would you have preferred to be born on?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Re: Which continent would you have preferred to be born on?

Post by csimmons032 »

I was born in the USA, and I wouldn't change anything about that. Every country has something unique and different about it and I would love to visit and see other countries, but I will always be proud of the one I was born in.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

csimmons032 wrote:I was born in the USA, and I wouldn't change anything about that. Every country has something unique and different about it and I would love to visit and see other countries, but I will always be proud of the one I was born in.
:techie-studyingbrown: :tiphat:
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose »

I was born in Guam, and wouldn't change that for anything! I love learning about other cultures, though, and would love to travel the world sometime.
geoffrey ngoima

Christina Rose wrote:I was born in Guam, and wouldn't change that for anything! I love learning about other cultures, though, and would love to travel the world sometime.
:idea:
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

I love my continent but I wanted to travel other continent, too.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
geoffrey ngoima

readandsmile wrote:I love my continent but I wanted to travel other continent, too.
Which continent would you start with given the chance now?
charlesjr2
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesjr2.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by charlesjr2 »

Am African, and a proud one at that. I know Africa has its ups and downs, and some people may think that it's downs supersedes its ups. Well I love a good challenge, and the challenges I get from Africa is really something that strengthens me.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
geoffrey ngoima

charlesjr2 wrote:Am African, and a proud one at that. I know Africa has its ups and downs, and some people may think that it's downs supersedes its ups. Well I love a good challenge, and the challenges I get from Africa is really something that strengthens me.
:tiphat:
Steph K
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steph-k.html
Latest Review: Ever After by H M Irwing

Post by Steph K »

I'm American, and happy with the continent I was born on. I wouldn't want to live elsewhere long term. But I would love to have the opportunity to travel and see other countries someday.
geoffrey ngoima

Steph K wrote:I'm American, and happy with the continent I was born on. I wouldn't want to live elsewhere long term. But I would love to have the opportunity to travel and see other countries someday.
:tiphat:
How bad I want that
Fictions Mistress
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictions-mistress.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Fictions Mistress »

In many ways, I'm glad to have been born in North America, specifically Canada. I do think parts of Europe would have been fantastic to grow up in, culturally speaking. But the truth is, it's probably "the grass is always greener on the other side". Canada is a pretty great place to live overall :D
geoffrey ngoima

Fictions Mistress wrote:In many ways, I'm glad to have been born in North America, specifically Canada. I do think parts of Europe would have been fantastic to grow up in, culturally speaking. But the truth is, it's probably "the grass is always greener on the other side". Canada is a pretty great place to live overall :D
Yeah, you're right, if one isn't satisfied from within they can't be satisfied by the without.
adinamurariu
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adinamurariu.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by adinamurariu »

I was born in Europe in a country that is not very appreciated by its neighbors, but still I love my country and my beautiful continent . But if I could choose now where to live I would choose est of Asia, Japan. I am fascinated by this country and its traditions, culture ..........
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
geoffrey ngoima

adinamurariu wrote:I was born in Europe in a country that is not very appreciated by its neighbors, but still I love my country and my beautiful continent . But if I could choose now where to live I would choose est of Asia, Japan. I am fascinated by this country and its traditions, culture ..........
It seems people really like Japan, you're the 2nd person to say that
Miche Sora
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Silence Fallen</a>
Currently Reading: Volatile Bonds
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miche-sora.html
Latest Review: "The Devil's Dragon" by Jason F Boggs

Post by Miche Sora »

I was born in North America, but I would have preferred to be born in Central or South America. I love Latin culture, speak fluent Spanish and got a chance to live in Mexico for a while. I loved it!
She reads books
as one would breathe air,
to fill up and live.

--Annie Dillard
Latest Review: "The Devil's Dragon" by Jason F Boggs

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”