Which continent would you have preferred to be born on?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
IanYanny
Currently Reading: The Lovely Bones
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ianyanny.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Re: Which continent would you have preferred to be born on?

Post by IanYanny »

100% Europe specifically Italy. I have to admit that my judgement is heavily influenced by the movie Letters to Juliet. ?
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ana Njeri »

Africa. Any day any time. However specifically, Kenya. We might have big problems as a country but one thing is for sure , Kenyans are amazing people
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Miche Sora wrote:I was born in North America, but I would have preferred to be born in Central or South America. I love Latin culture, speak fluent Spanish and got a chance to live in Mexico for a while. I loved it!
Oh man, what I wouldn't give to speak learn Spanish

-- 17 Sep 2017, 08:14 --
Ana Njeri wrote:Africa. Any day any time. However specifically, Kenya. We might have big problems as a country but one thing is for sure , Kenyans are amazing people
Yes, we are!

-- 17 Sep 2017, 08:19 --
IanYanny wrote:100% Europe specifically Italy. I have to admit that my judgement is heavily influenced by the movie Letters to Juliet. ?
I get that 100% :wink:
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Kinnera
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinnera.html
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin

Post by Kinnera »

GPM wrote:I'm Asian, and I would not choose any other to prefer over it. Every continent has its own unique characteristics that everyone should be proud of.
Me too! I'm proud of the fact that i'm Asian, but I do think about how I would've turned out if I'd been born in Europe or Australia. :o
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin
Maulyne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maulyne.html
Latest Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Post by Maulyne »

Africa is the best .I prefer it
geoffrey ngoima

Maulyne wrote:Africa is the best .I prefer it
What do you like best about Africa :eusa-think:
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mumoscar »

South America would be my choice because I crave so much to step in the amazon Forrest one day.

-- 18 Sep 2017, 04:30 --

I was born and live in Africa. Given a second chance to be born I would still choose Africa. This is a land of opportunities.
geoffrey ngoima

mumoscar wrote:South America would be my choice because I crave so much to step in the amazon Forrest one day.

-- 18 Sep 2017, 04:30 --

I was born and live in Africa. Given a second chance to be born I would still choose Africa. This is a land of opportunities.
Utawezana na mbu wa huko?
Atabon Della
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atabon-della.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Atabon Della »

Africa all the way..... though I must admit, the advancements and development in other continents like Europe usually make me envious. However, I still choose Africa and am proud to be born one.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
geoffrey ngoima

Atabon Della wrote:Africa all the way..... though I must admit, the advancements and development in other continents like Europe usually make me envious. However, I still choose Africa and am proud to be born one.
Many Africans in the house
Rebecca Henderson
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-henderson.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rebecca Henderson »

It might sound arrogant but I think I'd prefer to be born on the continent I was born on--America! Or well, North America, I suppose, but specifically the United States. I think that while there are other continents I'd like to visit, being born here is a good way to have the freedom and opportunities not always afforded in other countries. I think if I had to pick another continent--or country--I'd pick Germany, since I speak German and I have a large sweet tooth (who doesn't love German chocolate?).
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
geoffrey ngoima

Rebecca Henderson wrote:It might sound arrogant but I think I'd prefer to be born on the continent I was born on--America! Or well, North America, I suppose, but specifically the United States. I think that while there are other continents I'd like to visit, being born here is a good way to have the freedom and opportunities not always afforded in other countries. I think if I had to pick another continent--or country--I'd pick Germany, since I speak German and I have a large sweet tooth (who doesn't love German chocolate?).
Haha, ... I've never had German chocolate, & I happen to also have a large sweet tooth! ;)
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

geoffrey ngoima wrote: 07 Sep 2017, 03:23 I honestly can't decide. Africa is great and all, but sometimes, ah!!
I certainly wish I was born in America, heck that's the only thing left! I already behave like them, despite never having stepped foot outside Africa! Still, I love my African heritage so I guess I would have loved to be a mix of both! :D :P
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

I'm quite happy being European (though NOT happy about Brexit!) but would most certainly like to travel more and experience other civilisations and continents - I have a special fixation on South America and would love to see Machu Picchu. But all lands and continents have their own beauty and uniqueness.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
Arrigo_Lupori
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrigo-lupori.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by Arrigo_Lupori »

North America. I feel particularly connected with the culture there, especially Canada's.
However, I can't complain since I live in Europe, which would have been a very close second.
IanYanny wrote: 17 Sep 2017, 02:29 100% Europe specifically Italy. I have to admit that my judgement is heavily influenced by the movie Letters to Juliet. ?
Are you serious? That's awesome that you would actually want to live in Italy, I don't think there are that many people that would move here. Yes, it is beautiful, but maybe a bit intimidating to foreigners? I don't know, I have encountered many people who spent several months in Florence, but none who actually live there.
"The abstract sensation of living a lifestyle that hasn't been fully understood."
- The epitome of taste in living disgrace.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”