Is there any proper reading tracker?(pages read,goals)

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Hardcore
Bookshelf Size: 0

Is there any proper reading tracker?(pages read,goals)

Post by Hardcore »

Is there any proper reading tracker?(track pages read, goals, graphics)?

I'm looking for some kind of an application(doesn't matter if it's a web based or just a desktop application) to track how many pages I read on daily basis and set goals for myself(e.g. 500 pages per week).

Yes, I've read tenths of threads and hundreds of posts suggesting Goodreads. That's not what I'm looking for, Goodreads tracking system is poor(or I've missed functions I am looking for). Goodreads allows you to track your books read on a long run, not pages read in last 3 days(if you didn't read a whole book in last 3 days).

That's either a very bad tracking system or I missed some functions and just can't find how to track what I've actually read.

What funcions I'm looking for?
1. Set goals for yourself: number of pages(or books) read per day, week, month, year. Also set custom goals. For example, 20 pages during working days(Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) and 50 pages during days of rest(Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday).
2. Keep track of number of pages read for unfinished books(as well as for finished) per day, week, month, year.
3. See how many pages more I have to read today to get to my todays goal. Same with how many pages I have to read this week/month/year to get to my goal of this week/month/year.
4. I want to be able to set custom time periods and see how many pages I've read(and if I met my goals in this time period) in this custom periods. For example, I want to be able to see how many bages I've read in last 17 days or how many pages I've read in the time period 17.05.2017-04.06.2017.
5. Graphical representations of everything above.

As you can see, spreadsheets can't do what I am trying to find, as well as Goodreads. I don't know why everyone commend Goodreads, it isn't even close as good as it could be in terms of tracking what one read and could read.

I can't find it in google by myself, all I can find is spam "Goodreads" in all of these threads. Can someone, please, suggest some kind of a proper reading tracker to actually set goals for yourself, track how many pages you read and everything I described above?

Thanks in advance, guys!

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”