How did you get your name?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
FireFairy
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=20590">A Court of Thorns and Roses</a>
Currently Reading: Deity
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firefairy.html
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Re: How did you get your name?

Post by FireFairy »

Well originally my parents wanted to name me Danika, but I'm glad they didn't because I love my current name. They didn't end up naming me Danika because in this book they were reading a character named Danika went crazy and killed a bunch of people. I didn't find out until a few years ago that my parents actually named me after a beautiful girl in a playboy magazine lmao! The name's Erika by the way. I wouldn't change it for anything; I really love my name. :P
Serina Vitrino
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serina-vitrino.html
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris

Post by Serina Vitrino »

I don't tell people but my real name is MarinaSylvia- just like that with the two names mashed together. Apparently my biological mother and her mother were both named Sylvia. My mother wanted the name Marina badly but she wanted to keep tradition so here I am. I did not find out my real name until 5th grade
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris
May-an Tinangag
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by May-an Tinangag »

My mother told me that when she gave birth to me, my grandmother named Marie gave me my name. I was born in the month of May and my grandmother only added "an".
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dhwanis »

Dhwani means sound. It was chosen by my mother.
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

My parents named me... My name means 'God loves'
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
MATHERESARAMOS
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MATHERESARAMOS »

How did I get my name? Actually I do not know at first especially when I was still young, my name is as common as the other names I've heard. But when I have come in high school then I've came across the name of a dear Saint, Mother Theresa of Calcutta. Then, I came to ask my mother about it, according to her, she did get my name from Mama Mary because of the word Ma. Then with Theresa, according to her, it was from the name of Mother Theresa.
I was really shocked having known of were I got my name. It just gives me honor to be named after them, though I am not as Holy as they are. Having a simple life is somewhat the same with them, but their virtues are totally different from mine. I do not have all the goodness in the heart, though I can say that I am good, but not the goodness that they have.
Nevertheless, wherever we got our names are and what origins, it does matter by making our lives batter each day. And making good in these world with whatever names our parents gave us, is something we need to be thankful for, no matter what the origin is, it does not matter, but as long as we strive to do good daily, that is all that matters much, irregardless of the origin of anybody's name.
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

My nickname here was given by a good friend who has died from cancer. Using it reminds me of her.
kiptoyot

Post by kiptoyot »

My name is kiptoyot mum named me after my ancestors.
Nissi Hyginus-Oku

Post by Nissi Hyginus-Oku »

I was this student who knew so much about cells, neurons and lots more about science laws ... I always wanted to know more about science... .my mentor loved my courageous spirit... Guess what?
He nick-named me Albert Einstein.
lol
Tamanna
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamanna.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Tamanna »

My name is Tamanna. Apparently, my Mom had loved the name when she heard it in a movie, it means desire, but my Dad didn't. Soon after I was born we were moving to another country and there was a big rush to quickly decide my name as I needed a passport (Indian birth certificates don't have the child's name) and after shortlisting a bunch of names by looking at office records (we didn't have an internet collection and not a lot of baby books were sold here then) and talking to people, both my parents liked Tamanna the best.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Excitedreads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 667">Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows</a>
Currently Reading: Rich Woman
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excitedreads.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by Excitedreads »

My parents thpught they were going to have a baby boy. They picked out Daniel. Low and behold, they had a girl! So why not add a "la" to the name, hence ; Daniella. Little did they know that Danielle was also a feminine name.
Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be...
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Riki
Currently Reading: Middlesex
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riki.html
Latest Review: "The People Up the Holler" by Roger L. Guffey

Post by Riki »

Mine is a combination of both my parents' names. My father is 'Fredrick' and my mother is 'Leigh,' so combined together you get my name, Rikileigh.
Latest Review: "The People Up the Holler" by Roger L. Guffey
LadyClaire
Currently Reading: Keys to Tetouan
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladyclaire.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by LadyClaire »

My name is Claire. I was named Claire by my father after a loved one who died in the war
To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
-Bertrand Russel
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Preciosonic
Currently Reading: Before I Wake
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Preciosonic »

Happy New Month Fellas
Better is not good enough but the best is yet to come. Let Love Lead.
By Prophet T.B.Joshua
EDDY OKOTH
Currently Reading: My trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by EDDY OKOTH »

am an african and in our culture parents dicides the name of there kids so was given by my mum and dad

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”