What made you happy today? (New)

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Re: What made you happy today? (New)

Post by Alice Heritage »

Getting a haircut with my daughter.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

For the first time in my life, I actually won something from a public raffle draw! 2 tubes of Longrich toothpaste! The winning ticket was even bought for me by the person who invited me to the seminar so it's a win win all around! :D
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
erasmus
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erasmus.html
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
Reading Device: B00GQDBS7O

Post by erasmus »

It's Friday~~
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A long weekend! :fridaysmiley:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
DATo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

gali wrote: 17 May 2018, 23:52 A long weekend! :fridaysmiley:
Now for me it is just the opposite. I retired recently and now I look forward to being out and about on weekDAYS and dread leaving home on the weekENDS.

On a weekday after 9 AM or thereabouts I do all my shopping or other business which requires me to be away from home. The stores have very few shoppers and the store attendants smile and say "How ya doing?" and "Can I help you?" ... AND THEY MEAN IT! By 3 PM they are grumpy because they are tired and have been dealing with outrageous customers all day and are less inclined to be friendly, but all of my business has been concluded long before their patience has reached its limit.

The streets are relatively traffic free and the drivers are more courteous as well. After all, the majority of them are not working either or they'd be at work. Much like me, they have all the time in the world so they don't speed past you endangering your life and generally will allow you to cut in front of them when you need to merge in traffic (what there is of it), and most of them are older people who remain steeped in the tradition of observing the traffic laws and thus do not irritate and inflame my prejudices as a result of witnessing the bad driving habits and lack of courtesy of younger people.

As the afternoon rush hours begin I am safely and happily ensconced in my home imagining the rat race taking place far beyond my sight and hearing.

So ..... just TRY to have happy weekend (I do wish you one sincerely) and remember that when you are battling other shoppers to get through the aisles at the supermarket with your shopping cart or racing another driver to the only parking place left at the bank that I will be thinking of you as I sit in my garden sipping mint julips and listening to the birdies sing. *LOL*
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
gali

Post by gali »

DATo wrote: 18 May 2018, 00:45
Now for me it is just the opposite. I retired recently and now I look forward to being out and about on weekDAYS and dread leaving home on the weekENDS.

On a weekday after 9 AM or thereabouts I do all my shopping or other business which requires me to be away from home. The stores have very few shoppers and the store attendants smile and say "How ya doing?" and "Can I help you?" ... AND THEY MEAN IT! By 3 PM they are grumpy because they are tired and have been dealing with outrageous customers all day and are less inclined to be friendly, but all of my business has been concluded long before their patience has reached its limit.

The streets are relatively traffic free and the drivers are more courteous as well. After all, the majority of them are not working either or they'd be at work. Much like me, they have all the time in the world so they don't speed past you endangering your life and generally will allow you to cut in front of them when you need to merge in traffic (what there is of it), and most of them are older people who remain steeped in the tradition of observing the traffic laws and thus do not irritate and inflame my prejudices as a result of witnessing the bad driving habits and lack of courtesy of younger people.

As the afternoon rush hours begin I am safely and happily ensconced in my home imagining the rat race taking place far beyond my sight and hearing.

So ..... just TRY to have happy weekend (I do wish you one sincerely) and remember that when you are battling other shoppers to get through the aisles at the supermarket with your shopping cart or racing another driver to the only parking place left at the bank that I will be thinking of you as I sit in my garden sipping mint julips and listening to the birdies sing. *LOL*
Thank you. However, like you we do the shopping during the weekdays and just relax on the weekends. 8)
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
DATo

Post by DATo »

gali wrote: 18 May 2018, 01:09

Thank you. However, like you we do the shopping during the weekdays and just relax on the weekends. 8)
And I relax by taking a nap midday which is why I am posting at this ungodly hour (exactly 2 AM) *LOL*

Have a great weekend! [;- )
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
gali

Post by gali »

DATo wrote: 18 May 2018, 01:59
gali wrote: 18 May 2018, 01:09

And I relax by taking a nap midday which is why I am posting at this ungodly hour *LOL*

Have a great weekend! [;- )
Here, it is morning. 8)

Thank you. Have a greet weekend as well!!!!! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Im the same way. Im also retired and I dont like to go shopping on weekends. I live in a small community but even here the traffic, the crowds in the stores are something I dont like to deal with. I try to organize my errands so I can do them all in one shot and get it over with. Id just as soon stay home on weekends and usually the only time I go out is on Sunday to go to the Globo for fresh produce. When I lived in Utah my wife and I would go grocery shopping at an all-night super market at midnight during the week. That was great, we had the whole store pretty much to ourselves.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Derrick Godfrey

Post by Derrick Godfrey »

what made me happy today is been alive to see another day.
Anna4love

Post by Anna4love »

:techie-studyingbrown: starting a new journey with you all. :techie-studyingbrown:
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

Being recognized by colleagues and pupils as the best football goalkeeper! :wine:
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by palilogy »

Pizza lunchables.
I am nostalgic at times.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

A prodigal brother comes back home!!!
Maria joraimah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 92854">The Zodiac Killer</a>
Currently Reading: Unbroken
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Maria joraimah »

Participating in forums which I missed for a while.
" HAPPINESS is finding PEACE within yourself! " :D

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”