Your Story

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Marianaleivap
Currently Reading: And Then There Were None
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marianaleivap.html

Your Story

Post by Marianaleivap »

Do you have any moment or experience that you feel have shaped your life in any way?

Please share it with me. I believe everyone is the collection of their experiences and special moments. if you are reading this you may have some awesome moments. It doesn't matter if they are small or you feel they are meaningless, I'd love to know. I am currently writing some posts for a new blog about people experiences, so I would apreciate it a lot if you help me. It doesn't matter what it is, If it is a moment you experience, it is perfect! Also, we get to know eachother in the club! this is a win-win situation :lol:

one of my moments for you:
Last year my school was closed for three days due to threats to the principal. My school is located in a gang territory so they threated my principal and obligated her to stop any activity in the school for those three days. Anyone could walk near the school, that area had to be isolated. The reasons, just the members of the gang know. The principal send a message to everyone and post it on the school website in order to let us know you couldn't go to school the next day. The same thing happend tuesday and wednesday. On thursday we were allowed to go to school but just until midday. On Friday we had a normal schedule class and no one mention the situation again. Until now, I don't know what happened. I just know the principal was threated to stop any activity for three days in the school, nothing more. Anyone, talk about it. I think everyone is afraid of mentioning it.
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

I was ill for almost 15 days straight and I had no energy to even walk properly. The way my family helped me made me realize how much they should matter in my life because they made me who I am today and no matter what wrong I do they will always be there for me.
-R
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by palilogy »

When I was twenty three I had brain surgery to remove a tumor growing on my cerebellum. I woke up in such indescribable pain, wishing I was dead. I could barely see, walk or function. I was moved to an inpatient rehabilitation hospital in a wheelchair weighing only 88 pounds. For years I went to physical, occupational, speech, vistibular and vision therapy trying to recover. Last year after three years of recovery I hiked 1,000 miles on the Appalachian Trail traveling from Georgia to Maine. My life has been shaped by experiences and my struggle to be more then just a survivor.
gkgurley
Favorite Book: The Two Towers
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gkgurley.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by gkgurley »

Yesterday was the two-year anniversary of the shooting at Pulse, and I can't stop thinking about it. I was spending the summer in Chicago at the time, and the news and response to that shooting forever changed me. I was newly out of the closet, and I was private about it. After the shooting, though, I started working with advocacy groups and non-profits. I became more of an activist and met a lot of new people. That's shaped my view of my queerness, of giving back, of loving people, of political action.
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

When I was about 14 years old, my dad deployed to Baghdad for a year. It was easily the worst year I have ever had. He made sure to send me emails and letters, and occasionally we got to call each other. I lived in fear of the phone ringing, because I was so afraid the next time it did, it'd be that phone call saying he was dead. I cried myself to sleep most nights. I cried when I so much as thought about the situation. 13 years later and I still cry myself to sleep about it, and it still brings me to tears on occasion to think about him being over there. It took me years to get to this more normal point. I spent years incapable of really talking about it without sobbing. Luckily, he came home with nothing more than some hearing loss (he drove tanks), but I still struggle with it all. I've never asked him about what he experienced over there, and he's only told me some innocuous anecdotes.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
ShafqatAli
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ShafqatAli »

I am 25 years old when i was 20 i want to become a singer but as i grew up i feel financial problems and now i postpone my wishw

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”