20 questions Guess My Character

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Re: 20 questions Guess My Character

Post by NL Hartje »

Hint (if it's not implied): My original quote would/could be spoken by the character, not about her.
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
DATo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

Does the reader like your character or dislike her?
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
NL Hartje
Currently Reading:

Post by NL Hartje »

The reader dislikes my character.
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
DATo

Post by DATo »

Do any of the characters have supernatural or paranormal powers?
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
NL Hartje
Currently Reading:

Post by NL Hartje »

DATo wrote: 22 May 2018, 10:11 Do any of the characters have supernatural or paranormal powers?
They do not.

Hint: This is a very well-known character, you're not searching for someone obscure.
-Dr. Seuss
DATo

Post by DATo »

Oh no, not my girl! How can I swallow this pill?!
Well, I'll be sly; you'll not see me cry. But pay for this you will.

The character is female, so unless we are talking about a female/female love affair the term "my girl" suggests a daughter or daughter figure.

a. There is a daughter who is imperiled in Silence Of The Lambs (the senator's daughter), but the senator is a well-known public figure which disqualifies her based on your reply to one of the questions, plus, we do not necessarily dislike the female senator.

b. There is a daughter in Steven King's Carrie and we do NOT like Carrie's mother, but she is murdered by her daughter at the end of the story which disqualifies her as well because someone asked if the character is murdered and you replied "no".

c. There is a daughter in Gone Baby Gone and the mother, who we do not like, is a drug addict ("pill"), and though she does get revenge of sorts ("pay for this you will") she is a relatively obscure literary character.

d) Alice, of Alice In Wonderland, is a VERY well known literary character and she also takes a pill which reduces her in size, but this story was written in the 19th century.

e) Another "very well-known" mother of an imperiled daughter was Reagan's mother in The Exorcist, but much like the mother in Silence Of The Lambs Reagan's mother is a famous actress therefore also disqualifying her.

f) There is Mrs. Bennet of Pride and Prejudice who is beside herself over Lydia's elopement but this story also was not written in the 20th century.

I am running out of well known literary mother's of daughters who wish to exact justice upon some malefactors ... Oh woe is meeeeeeee! [:- (
― Steven Wright
NL Hartje
Currently Reading:

Post by NL Hartje »

Hehe Hehe Hehe :lol2:

First, I think I'm going to change my signature line to "Join the 20 Questions Guess My Character" forum!!

Secondly, my female character is not referencing a mother/daughter relationship or a female/female love affair when she references "my girl."

Within the first two questions asked, I thought FOR SURE you would have guessed almost immediately but now I'm patting my back for stumping you.

Hint: The person which my character intends to make "pay" is a man.

EDIT: EXTRA Hint: You are very much on the right track with your author genre suggestions above.
-Dr. Seuss
DATo

Post by DATo »

Now I feel the way YOU felt in the last Q&A .... bashing my head trying to think. I know I'm going to hate myself when I find out who it is but at the moment I am totally stumped. I need to chill out and clear my memory banks of all mothers. I will return, hopefully after having explored more relevant tangents.
― Steven Wright
Irene C
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-irene-c.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Irene C »

First, I think I'm going to change my signature line to "Join the 20 Questions Guess My Character" forum!!
This is a good idea, and I think I'll do likewise. :idea2:

As for this guessing round, I'm not good with thrillers. The author isn't: Dan Brown, Tom Clancy, or Don Delillo?
History is not a burden on the memory but an illumination of the soul. Lord Acton
DATo

Post by DATo »

OK ... VERY wild guess ...

Jeanine, who is the leader of the Erudite faction in Divergent?
― Steven Wright
NL Hartje
Currently Reading:

Post by NL Hartje »

Irene and DATo, these guesses are very offbase.

Not Brown, Clancy, Delillo, or Roth.
-Dr. Seuss
DATo

Post by DATo »

A thriller from the second half of the 20th century, written by a man, with a female character who is not liked by the reader ....

Is it an American author?

Wait .... the haunted car, Christine from the novel by Steven King?
Last edited by DATo on 22 May 2018, 19:10, edited 2 times in total.
― Steven Wright
NL Hartje
Currently Reading:

Post by NL Hartje »

DATo wrote: 22 May 2018, 19:01 A thriller from the second half of the 20th century, written by a man, with a female character who is not liked by the reader ....

Is it an American author?
This is all correct.

It is an American author.
-Dr. Seuss
DATo

Post by DATo »

Please check my edited post.
― Steven Wright
DATo

Post by DATo »

Or .... Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

I'm fast running out of evil women characters!!! [8- 0 ... [:- )
― Steven Wright

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”