Which would be worse? Saying something or nothing.

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Which would be worse? Saying something or nothing.

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

We all have experienced those situations where we regret after saying a thing and then wish that we haven’t said while we also have situations where we say nothing and wish we had said that.

Which situation have you regretted more? Saying something and wishing you hadn’t, or, saying nothing and wishing you had.

In my case, I still regret saying something and wish I haven’t said that. It is so worse that I wish I could go back in time and just haven’t said that.
I think situation got more worse when you say something. What’s your opinion?
Anshikasharma
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Anshikasharma »

To me saying something and not completing it entirely creates a turmoil in the other person’s heart and serves as a breeding ground for misunderstandings and speculations. Saying something and regretting it, having the guilt that you shouldn’t have said it is much more worse than not saying anything. You might regret of not saying anything but you would never find yourself trapped in a guilty situation and because only you are involved and no second person in it as you said nothing , you will make peace with your own thoughts eventually as time passes.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

Anshikasharma wrote: 25 May 2021, 14:26 To me saying something and not completing it entirely creates a turmoil in the other person’s heart and serves as a breeding ground for misunderstandings and speculations. Saying something and regretting it, having the guilt that you shouldn’t have said it is much more worse than not saying anything. You might regret of not saying anything but you would never find yourself trapped in a guilty situation and because only you are involved and no second person in it as you said nothing , you will make peace with your own thoughts eventually as time passes.
That's exactly how I feel. There were so many situations where I said nothing. I feel bad for myself but it's true I found peace as time passed. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”