What is your creative outlet?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Holly Fleming
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holly-fleming.html
Latest Review: Beyond by Ruth Mitchell

What is your creative outlet?

Post by Holly Fleming »

Do you have a creative outlet that feeds your soul and helps you reconnect with yourself? How often do you practice this form of self-care?

One of my favorite things to do once a week is to take a song with a catchy melody and make up new lyrics with a loved one.
Mishal21
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mishal21 »

I tried writing, but I couldn't get a story going—every time I read it back, it's boring, uninformative, and so on. I'd frequently have irritating plot holes that I couldn't fix, or I'd simply run out of steam and lose interest in the story.

I decided at one point that the way I was writing was terrible, so I created a timeline for my story so there would be no confusion. Then I needed a timeline for what happened before the story, notes on the various characters, and I decided the countries weren't fleshed out enough, so I wrote up various details on them, but wait, why is this country split in two, better write about the civil war that occurred,
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

I paint.
Michaela York
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Michaela York »

I paint! I paint at least once a week for 4 hours. I also crochet. I like to crochet while watching a movie or TV show so I dont get in my head.
:tiphat:
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 296
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Living Intentionally by Viterose Van huis

Post by Mayang Bature »

The creative thing I do is to use the little I know about programming and build fun apps I can play around with
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

I think that will be day dreaming for me... Just create up stories and situations in my head and watch them play through my mind. Maybe one day I could turn them into books, or movie series 😂😂.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”