Am I the Only Weird One?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Hunter Tester
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Silent Patient
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hunter-tester.html
Latest Review: Whale of Wonder by Marie-Paule Mahoney

Am I the Only Weird One?

Post by Hunter Tester »

People often talk about how the characters in a movie differed greatly than how they imagined them in the book. I, however, have a hard time picturing characters while reading. I can sometimes imagine them with a certain color of hair, etc., if the author provides that info. I still am able to understand the books though. Do others of you have the same issue when reading?
Aliphsi
Currently Reading: Life Lessons
Bookshelf Size: 877
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliphsi.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Aliphsi »

For me, it depends on the description but more often than not I do have problems picturing the character or I picture them in a lot of ways through the book. I have had those occasions when the adaptation doesn't match with the characters I imagined but it has more to do with the way they move or talk than physically.
Hunter Tester
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Silent Patient
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hunter-tester.html
Latest Review: Whale of Wonder by Marie-Paule Mahoney

Post by Hunter Tester »

I can relate. I also imagine more of their personality than their looks. I think a lot of the times I put myself in the first person of the main character, and that can also be a reason I don’t picture everything.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”