Careers and Professional Opportunities at OnlineBookClub

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Careers and Professional Opportunities at OnlineBookClub

Post by Scott »

Hi, All,

---

IMPORTANT UPDATE: From now on, I will generally only be hiring people who have gone through my free mentoring program.

---

Literary Agent
Starting pay: 20% of author royalties earned (negotiable)
We get many requests from writers to refer them to a literary agent. Thus, we are looking to formally partner with an experienced literary agent with a track record of success; in other words you need to have landed a publishing deal for previous clients with one of the big five publishers (or one of their subsidiaries). The terms of the partnership are negotiable. For instance, we can simply refer clients to the literary agent who runs their own external company, or you can work exclusively for OnlineBookClub.org under our brand. Experience as a literary agent is required. If applying for this position, please give us the name and of the most well-known author for whom you not only worked but also successfully landed a publishing deal.

Book Promoter
Starting pay: Commission on Sales
Promote books in specific genres of your choosing.

Regional Partnership Opportunities

Book Store Franchisee/Entrepreneur (Currently USA Only)
Are you interested in opening your own real life brick-and-mortar book store? We would like to expand OnlineBookClub into the offline book store world. For our first few franchisees, there will be no franchise fee as we pilot this new program. As of now, to start, this is only open to residents of the USA. You will get the opportunity to use our connections and infrastructure to get wholesale books and build inventory at a much lower price than a book store normally can. In fact, in some cases we will send you free print books that you can sell, meaning your gross profit margin on those books would be 100%. You would get the benefit of free advertising of your store by OnlineBookClub. You would get the benefit of using OnlineBookClub's brand to make your book store a success.

Live Event Organizer Promoter (Currently for CT, USA Only)
I am looking to partner with someone to launch an event promotion venture. Currently, this is only open to residents of Connecticut, USA.

Book Expo Organizer (Open to residents of any English-speaking country)
I am looking for someone to organize the official OnlineBookClub Book Expo, which typically takes place in Manchester, CT. If multiple people are interested in this position, I am open to having more than one expo throughout the year in more than one location. Because this would be an expo for books written in English, this opportunity is only open to people who live in countries with English as their primary official language, such as the USA, Australia, Canada, the UK, etc.

----

If you are interested in one of the above positions, please let me know during the one-on-one parts of my free mentoring program.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”