Cat Person? Dog Person? Both or Neither?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Loveabull
Favorite Author: Too many to list
Favorite Book: Too many to count
Bookshelf Size: 0

Cat Person? Dog Person? Both or Neither?

Post by Loveabull »

Do you consider yourself to be a cat person, dog person, both, or you're not into either really...I was an absolute cat person for more than forty years. A few dogs passed through. A husky who terrorized my toddler and ate the wallpaper, a maltesey mutt who the landlord kicked out, a bassett that wanted to sniff every microbe of sidewalk, a border collie that was not suited to apartment living and ran in her sleep.

There were ALWAYS cats. But the dogs...not so much. Finally with an empty nest I saw a picture on PetFinder. A female something something. All tongue with two little ears. We went to the shelter and they brought out this girl who pancaked at the slightest sound, but there was something in those eyes...that dog was our Sophie. I didn't know what a pit bull was exactly, but she made me fall in love with the breed.

Then five years later I saw a blind boy on the humane society website. Because of utter stupidity on the part of the shelter they decided we couldn't adopt him. But a few months later I found Callie. American Bulldog poster boy. I will always have cats. We still have six. Cats are independent, easier to care for...but dogs are unconditional love that I never knew before. So I would say I go both ways. I will always have a cat and a bully :D
How about you?
" The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it."
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I am a dog person and we have a dog we adopted.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
juicyfruitsxoxo
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juicyfruitsxoxo.html

Post by juicyfruitsxoxo »

Definitely a cat person 200%. I just seem to get along with cats better than dogs. There are not enough words to describe the charms of felines, they are simply amazing!!
Loveabull

Post by Loveabull »

Very true...I would have said the same thing not too long ago. Cats are certainly easier, a food bowl, water bowl, a clean litter box and toys can be optional. Dogs require being let out...though small ones can be litter trained. Adopting a dog is like adopting a human kid in responsibility. In return you have a four footed drooly baby that worships the ground you walk on...I read that somewhere "Dogs have owners, cats have staff" :lol:
juicyfruitsxoxo
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juicyfruitsxoxo.html

Post by juicyfruitsxoxo »

Loveabull wrote:Very true...I would have said the same thing not too long ago. Cats are certainly easier, a food bowl, water bowl, a clean litter box and toys can be optional. Dogs require being let out...though small ones can be litter trained. Adopting a dog is like adopting a human kid in responsibility. In return you have a four footed drooly baby that worships the ground you walk on...I read that somewhere "Dogs have owners, cats have staff" :lol:
Lol "dogs have owners, cats have staff." I would say that is true! This is the very reason I am a cat person. Cats often rule their owners, what they say and want goes. Cats aren't as needy and clingy like dogs, I love this about them. Basically cats tell you what they want, and if you deny it get ready for the punishment they unleash on you :)
Bfrisco
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bfrisco.html
Latest Review: "Summer Warriors" by Bill Sharp

Post by Bfrisco »

Both, but I'm a bit more inclined towards cats, since they're so much less maintenance than dogs. Plus, the purring.
Latest Review: "Summer Warriors" by Bill Sharp
laci_baby
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by laci_baby »

I've had my fair share at both in my time, plus a few other animals. I had a husky which I adored named Yoshi. After he passed I got more into cats. As you said they are easier to take care of and felines do have such a charm about them. I really missed the companionship that I had with yoshi for a long time because my cat, Kit, is more of a loner. But after she gave birth to Bruce Lee it changed quite a bit. He acts just like any puppy. Always happy to see me when I come home, snuggles next to me, he even barks. Definitely a mans best friend in a cat body. So I guess I got best of both worlds.
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Both...
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Moe4522
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moe4522.html
Latest Review: "The Sins of His Grandmother" by Jeremy Francis

Post by Moe4522 »

I have never had cats, only dogs so i am more likely to say i am a dog person. But my sister-in-law has two cats and they are great as well. If i had a choice though, i would probably get another dog.
Latest Review: "The Sins of His Grandmother" by Jeremy Francis
Ella

Post by Ella »

I love both, but I prefer cats. I have one, and that's plenty
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

meow, ruff ruff!............love both but truthfully i'm a tad more a cat person............love anything " feline "
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Loveabull

Post by Loveabull »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I believe there's truth in "Dogs Have Owners, Cats have Staff". A cat will make you feel special that it's honoring you with it's presence. The dogs are just like "I'm following you, I'm hanging on your every word, what room are we going to now?"...it's cute sometimes but they're so needy. The cats are affectionate but not clingy like the dogs.
sissybear
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sissybear.html

Post by sissybear »

I love both and would like to have both hut don't. I have three cats two are kittens
Jolijt
Currently Reading: Tell the Wolves Im Home

Post by Jolijt »

Animal person.. I do not dislike cats, but they hate me :shock:
Bloopers in my spelling or grammar?? A PM will be greatly appreciated... I do (almost) anything to improve my English!
thegiltyone
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegiltyone.html
Latest Review: "Life Ain't A Fairy Tale" by Miguel Rivera

Post by thegiltyone »

Dog. I like cats too but I'm always scared they'll lash out at me and hurt me. Their claws are sharper and more evil. Dogs love you so so much! My little Baxter is in my lap now napping. They're like my babies that never want to leave.
Latest Review: "Life Ain't A Fairy Tale" by Miguel Rivera

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”