What Talent Do You Wish You Had?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Loveabull
Favorite Author: Too many to list
Favorite Book: Too many to count
Bookshelf Size: 0

What Talent Do You Wish You Had?

Post by Loveabull »

We have the hidden talent thread...what talent do you wish you could take a magic pill and be able to do? I wish I could play blues guitar like Clapton and be fluent bilingual in Spanish...I'd like to see the Mami's at work raise their eyebrows...I understand it better than I speak it...frustrating because I can follow the conversation but I can't join in :roll:
" The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it."
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Im just the opposite about Spanish. I can speak some, but I cant understand it when I hear someone speak it.

As for a wished-for talent, I wish I could dance. I love music and have a good sense of rhythm, but Im a tanglefoot on the dance floor. My way of dancing is something slow where I shuffle my feet and hold the girl's butt. Anything faster than that, no chance.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
DATo

Post by DATo »

I would love to be able to draw or paint. I have absolutely no artistic talent. I was particularly envious of a child I went to school with when I was 9 years old. He was also 9 years old and his name was Leroy. He could draw your portrait with just pencil and paper which would look like a black and white photo of you when he was done. I am constantly amazed by people with special talents, especially in art or music.

Huey- Don't feel bad. I am legally banned from dancing in 11 states as a certified safety hazard. I can only legally enter a dance hall if my feet are shackled.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I would love to be able to draw, write (books) and be fluent bilingual in English (it is my second language).
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
tstaf4d
Favorite Book: My Name is Memory
Currently Reading: Marcelo in the Real World
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tstaf4d.html

Post by tstaf4d »

I wish I could play drums. I can play a double base pedal, but I can't actually play the rest of the drum set.
"Words are heavy" The Book Thief
FFGIRL12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ffgirl12.html

Post by FFGIRL12 »

There are a lot of things I wish I could do, but I think the one thing I wish I could do the most is to be able to sing like a famous person.
Loveabull

Post by Loveabull »

FFGIRL12 wrote:There are a lot of things I wish I could do, but I think the one thing I wish I could do the most is to be able to sing like a famous person.
Me too...not even to be famous, just wish I could modestly carry a tune...I sing and everybody but the dogs cover their ears. And for all the gentlemen not gifted on the dance floor...writer Dave Barry once suggested "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" is the ultimate white guy dance tune :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

I used to do the twist when it was popular, but that was while searching for the perfect can of beer. :lol:
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Loveabull

Post by Loveabull »

And after several perfect beers you turned into Chubby Checker :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

I was more limber in those days. If I tried it now, Id probably break my back. :lol:
lady_charlie
Favorite Author: Isabel Allende
Favorite Book: The House of the Spirits
Currently Reading: Very Valentine
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-charlie.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 16996

Post by lady_charlie »

I went to the local butcher shop yesterday , there is a sign that looks like it could be from the 1950s, a nice man with a can in his hand.

Beer - it proclaims
Its what's for breakfast!

I wish I had become an author or at least an editor
Yo puedo hablar espanol bastante bien si quieren practicar conmigo, just sayin

la verdad no soy talentosa, ni puedo bailar ni cantar pero puedo pedir una cerveza en dos lenguas, eh!!!

(I can't sing or dance but I can order a beer in two languages, eh?)

now, if only men knew that men who can dance always get the girl....
It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. J.R.R. Tolkien
juicyfruitsxoxo
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juicyfruitsxoxo.html

Post by juicyfruitsxoxo »

I always wished I could draw, but it skipped me and was passed on to my sister.
Bfrisco
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bfrisco.html
Latest Review: "Summer Warriors" by Bill Sharp

Post by Bfrisco »

I wish I could pick up instruments much more quickly. I've been trying to learn the piano and guitar off and on for a while now. Oh! And harmonizing with people. I feel like that's a talent that some people just have, and I don't.
Latest Review: "Summer Warriors" by Bill Sharp
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

I always wished i could SING! but hey! i can dance!
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Nathrad Sheare
Favorite Author: Hawthorne and Poe
Favorite Book: The Scarlet Letter
Currently Reading: Too much
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathrad-sheare.html
Latest Review: "No Poverty Between the Sheets" by Pauline Kiely

Post by Nathrad Sheare »

My mom has been a singer her whole life, and a dang good one. My sister developed a talent in her teen years and now has the ability to sing in several different styles... I've been fascinated by the voice since I was little, but I've never had an ability to sing exceptionally, and wish I could...
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who only dream at night.

-Edgar Allan Poe
Latest Review: "No Poverty Between the Sheets" by Pauline Kiely

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”