How are you managing the isolation/lockdowns due to Covid19

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Moicess
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How are you managing the isolation/lockdowns due to Covid19

Post by Moicess »

I keep my self busy finishing my website. It is also fun to try taking online courses.
_Lindsey_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindsey.html
Latest Review: The Curl by Raymond George Ward

Post by _Lindsey_ »

I have been taking the time to catch up on books, I've been cooking a lot more than I used to, and I managed to come back to my parent's house before lockdown started so I'm not on my own. It's been nice to spend more time with my family, as I am not normally here.
Fi Zoraa
Favorite Author: Nalini Singh
Favorite Book: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fifizora.html
Latest Review: Echo of the Past by Rosemary Blake
fav_author_id: 2885

Post by Fi Zoraa »

Sufi_khan wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 15:56 Hi everyone! With most places under lockdown, it feels unreal, yet we are all in this together. How are you managing?
I have developed a schedule for my family which includes exercise, active discussions, studies, prayers, and teaching the children skills that we normally don't have time for. Please share your ideas.
Stay healthy and stay safe.
At first, it was tough. The isolation was starting to get to me and I struggled to find a routine. However, I started to make the most of all the time. A lot of things I wanted to introduce or bring back into my life, I started to put into play. I now regularly exercise, cook and read. I want to start taking daily walks, meditating and praying more.
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Pilgrim Bride by Pilar Cerón Durán

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

I've been doing good so far, I am naturally introverted and I don't live alone so it hasn't been as hard to be isolated for me. There are days where I of course miss my friends but I have to remember that we have to stay safe in order to not only protect ourselves but to protect others.
glubglub200
Currently Reading: The Giver
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glubglub200.html
Latest Review: Mr. Germ by Itzel Machado

Post by glubglub200 »

Pretty well since I never really went out before but It is hard to make money when I don't really want to go get a job at a real store. I've been looking online mostly now.
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Post by Nichole Kurns »

Pretty good. I have basically kept my same schedule. Wake up/bed time is the same and I have incorporated exercise during the day. I have been blessed to be able to work from home.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 743
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Post by Bertha Jackson »

Living isolation and reading lots of books on here. Will be glad when I can get a social life again.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

gali wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 23:45
DATo wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 23:22 Important

I just saw this on the news:

One of the biggest problems with this mess is not knowing weather or not you are infected. Most people who have the virus feel fine until it strikes .... BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY .... since they think they are OK they go out in public and unwittingly disseminate the virus to others and even to family members. Testing stations will not give you the test unless you are showing symptoms which include a combination of fever of at least 100.4 F - 38 C, coughing, headaches and fatigue. If you go to a testing station and you do not have a temperature they will turn you away because they do not have enough test kits. The Brits have determined that another symptom, and one which is easy to note, is that you lose the sense of smell and taste. A local politician said she had lost her sense of taste and smell entirely. Others have said the same thing. Now that would be easy to test at home. If you have this symptom as well as a temperature go and get tested or at very least isolate yourself from others.
Thank you for the info. :tiphat:
Good advice. Thanks for the tip.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I take all the recommended precautions, wear a mask, use the hand gel, wash hands and so on. Thats all a person can do and pray you dont get it. Im 82 years old and if I got it it would be the end of the road for me.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
buzy4books
Currently Reading: The Silence of Ray
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reading Device: B07K1RZWMC

Post by buzy4books »

.. reading more, writing more and I've organized just about everything in my home.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I live in the UAE right now and when the pandemic started, they were strict regarding the lockdown. I spent my time jogging outside (I live right in front of the sand dunes) and learning new recipes.
Currently, we are not on lockdown as the cases decreased significantly. People are more or less back to their normal routine. I prefer to stay at home and go out only for necessities. But I am spending more time reading and writing.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”